Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vickers Duty 1911 Mag

Feedback Score

Vickers Duty 1911 Mag

Just received two mags here in Canada through Brownells, first impressions are that they are very well built (Solid). Looking forward to trying them out sometime but we just got hit with our very first taste of winter and we got hit hard .

Mike
    IMG_20151229_151327.jpg

Cant figure out how to make pics a little bigger
    Last edited by SCULLY; 12-29-15 at 20:02.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Good deal! I'll be honest, though. It's almost weird to see a mag without a bunch of holes and writing all over it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Good deal! I'll be honest, though. It's almost weird to see a mag without a bunch of holes and writing all over it.
    Yes it is different looking but that is the direct point to these mags. These are purpose built for duty/military harsh conditions use (sealed up), if your sitting on a climate controlled range then there is definately cheaper options. These are purpose built for extreme applications, if needed. Have not tried them yet but as mentioned first impressions of hands on and they are extremely well built.

Thanks
    Mike

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I wish they included the plastic base plates. I am probably going to buy a few of these. Maybe I could sell the steel plates off.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I'm thinking of buying 2 of these, but I already have a slew of ETM HD's. Other than the base plate, what's the main difference? The lack of ports on the sides?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    It's my impression that the tube/mag body may be slightly longer as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I'm thinking of buying 2 of these, but I already have a slew of ETM HD's. Other than the base plate, what's the main difference? The lack of ports on the sides?
    The mag body is sealed with only one hole in the back to verify that 8 rounds are loaded, the follower has grooves to allow debris to slide by and it also has the flat wire spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0PR-ugyt1w
    Last edited by Amp Mangum; 02-01-16 at 09:22.
    I treat my lawnmower better than I treat my 1911.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have one on the way from Brownells.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Have looked at these for awhile now ! I love my ETMs but these mags should be even a step up from them ! I'll get a couple eventually !

Feedback Score
    I have been using 3 of these mags exclusively since Oct/15. They have been great so far. No cleaning and no issues as of yet.

If one does not like the base plates, they are interchangeable with all other Wilson base plates, but will leave a gap between the front strap and the nose of the base plate. Supposedly WC is coming out with replacement base plates to address this as well as mags with the option already in place. I am waiting to purchase more until that is available, if it is true.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast