Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brownells Colt 605 repro up for pre-order

Feedback Score

Brownells Colt 605 repro up for pre-order

Trigger charging handle AR-15 prototype with 25 round straight magazines to be unveiled at ShotShow as well. https://www.brownells.com/firearms/r...ampaign=Itwine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That would be a good one to own. It is good to see that they did go the distance and open up the gas port as needed. They really should be using a slickside upper receiver. Hopefully, that is something they will change. I built mine a few years back. John Thomas of Retro Arms Works did the work on the barrel assembly.

Last edited by Renegade04; 11-30-18 at 06:27.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just sent Brownells a message about correcting the upper receiver on the new BRN-605. I guess I will see what they say.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I find it odd they are using a FA upper receiver when they already offer a slickside upper, both with their 601 clone and sold separately.

I'm hoping they sell the barrel assembly separately because I've already got a spare Fulton slickside kicking around.
    I disagree with Brownells' assertion that the 605 is "dorky" looking. I've always loved it's snub-nosed aesthetic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I just sent Brownells a message about correcting the upper receiver on the new BRN-605. I guess I will see what they say.
    Here was the reply: “The 605 was done in two variants, the 605A (the model we're emulating with the forward assist upper) and the 605B, which had a M16A1 style upper, but the forward assist machined off. We don't plan on producing the 605B style upper.”

Feedback Score
    a 605B would have been awesome. Although I still wish they would make some type A and type E stocks so i could finish a couple of my project.
    Last edited by ClassIIIGunsmith; 11-30-18 at 10:43.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pipboy344 View Post
    Here was the reply: “The 605 was done in two variants, the 605A (the model we're emulating with the forward assist upper) and the 605B, which had a M16A1 style upper, but the forward assist machined off. We don't plan on producing the 605B style upper.”
    I thought the difference between the A and B model 605s was that the A had a standard Safe-Semi-Auto FCG the B had a four-position FCG with a "Burst" setting.
    Neither model had a forward assist
    Last edited by Circle_10; 11-30-18 at 11:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I thought the difference between the A and B model 605s was that the A had a standard Safe-Semi-Auto FCG the B had a four-position FCG with a "Burst" setting.
    Neither model had a forward assist
    Some of them had A1 uppers with the forward assist machined off, but they NEVER had them with the FA still there. Brownells doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
    Last edited by pipboy344; 11-30-18 at 11:54. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, it says 605s either had slickside uppers or ones with the FA milled off. The A and B designations referred to the type of FCG they had, not the upper receiver.
    Where Brownells already offers a slickside upper I find it puzzling they wouldn't use that in their 605 clone vs the A1 style upper with a FA they opted to go with instead.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 11-30-18 at 11:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Yeah, it says 605s either had slickside uppers or ones with the FA milled off. The A and B designations referred to the type of FCG they had, not the upper receiver.
    Where Brownells already offers a slickside upper I find it puzzling they wouldn't use that in their 605 clone vs the A1 style upper with a FA they opted to go with instead.

Yep

A = Auto
    B = Burst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast