Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anybody, besides me, carry FMJ in his daily carry semi-auto?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Does anybody, besides me, carry FMJ in his daily carry semi-auto?

Or am I the ultimate outlier?

Winchester Q4318 NATO 9mm 124 grain FMJ.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    When I used to carry a mil-spec 1911 for a while I carried FMJ 230. But other than that I stick to mainstream HP like GD, GS, HST, etc.

Honestly though, I still suspect 124 gr 9mm would punch a nasty hole!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m guessing you’re a outlier...why would you i

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Also wondering why you would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Haven't......and won't.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    No I do not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the extremely rare occasion I have to get dressed up for something formal and the only thing I can conceal is a pocket 380. Otherwise, no...why?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Only in my .380 LCP; modern JHP rounds really make the 9mm a much better round.

I shot a rabbit with 9mm ball. It ran away and I had to track the little bugger down and finish him.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-29-18 at 22:56.

Feedback Score
    Okay...here goes...I know I'm that odd duck in some things gun-related, but I've begun the journey back to ball ammo for everything.

Here's my theory: I know defensive ammo is a beautiful thing and "man stopping bullets MUST expand" and all that happy horseshit, BUT--I think fancy-schmancy ammo psychologically creates a false sense if security. Shot placement is more important.

There are lots of dead people with 22 lr bullets or 25 caliber slugs in their vitals but very few dead people with Federal Hydra Shocks in an arm muscle.

Point being: knowing you are shooting ball ammo forces you to not rely on a magic bullet to make your careful aim unnecessary.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Okay...here goes...I know I'm that odd duck in some things gun-related, but I've begun the journey back to ball ammo for everything.

Here's my theory: I know defensive ammo is a beautiful thing and "man stopping bullets MUST expand" and all that happy horseshit, BUT--I think fancy-schmancy ammo psychologically creates a false sense if security. Shot placement is more important.

There are lots of dead people with 22 lr bullets or 25 caliber slugs in their vitals but very few dead people with Federal Hydra Shocks in an arm muscle.

Point being: knowing you are shooting ball ammo forces you to not rely on a magic bullet to make your careful aim unnecessary.
    Why not have both??

Unless of course that’s just an excuse for you to be cheap and not pony up for quality purpose made ammo...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast