Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Troubleshooting Help: Glock 19 Gen 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Need Some Troubleshooting Help: Glock 19 Gen 3

GXN prefix, approx 4K rounds through it. Factory stock except for night sights.

Here is the current problem:

I am getting BTF (Brass to Face) when using duty/SD type ammunition. There are no BTF issues when I use my standard range ammo.

BTF Ammunition: Speer GDHP 124 grain +P and standard pressure. Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain +P and standard pressure. Federal HST 124 and 147 standard pressure.

No BTF: Federal American Eagle 115, 124 and 147 grain. Federal RTP 115 grain standard pressure.

The BTF issue just started within the last few range trips. The recoil spring has maybe 2k on it, extractor is solid with no chips, ejector is good, depressor plunger is the correct setup without issues.

This gun has never exhibited BTF prior to this with any ammunition used.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by davidjinks; 11-29-18 at 17:50.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Apex.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    First, Email glock. Yeah they will probably have you send it in, at least the slide. Maybe just replace the recoil spring assembly, extractor and spring if you want to. It will be the cost of shipping?.. Then it's probably wear. Apex isn't a wrong answer either.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok, I and apparently thousands more went thru this a few years back. MANY threads on here about it. Yes, my Gen 3 developed BTF after shooting it a lot too.
    WHAT I DID: I cured the problem years & thousands of rounds ago, with a $12 ejector. Just stripped my pistol, the ejector number is 30274. Got it from Brownells.
    Not a problem since.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Ok, I and apparently thousands more went thru this a few years back. MANY threads on here about it. Yes, my Gen 3 developed BTF after shooting it a lot too.
    WHAT I DID: I cured the problem years & thousands of rounds ago, with a $12 ejector. Just stripped my pistol, the ejector number is 30274. Got it from Brownells.
    Not a problem since.
    Maybe typo on the ejector number, when I enter 30274, Brownells displays: BARNES BULLETS - BARNES TIPPED TRIPLE-SHOCK X BULLETS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Maybe typo on the ejector number, when I enter 30274, Brownells displays: BARNES BULLETS - BARNES TIPPED TRIPLE-SHOCK X BULLETS
    Looked at it again- its 30274.
    UPDATE: Just checked Brownells...the part is not there now. Lone Wolff has it the Gen 4 trigger housing with 30274 ejector for $7.99. Get that, slide out ejector and install into you Gen 3, its what I did.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 11-29-18 at 23:10.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I reached approximately 3000 rounds with my G19 Gen 4 when my ejection became erratic. Instead of replacing with another MIM extractor I went the Apex FRE + non-LCI spring loaded bearing route and all problems were eliminated.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    While doing some reading on my issue, I came across a thread on TOS. There was a linked video with and ejector test for Glocks. Basically the newest ejector in the Gen 5 guns are the answer to erratic, BTF or weak ejection.

I’m trying to keep it simple where I don’t have to mix/match and replace parts. Not sure if that’s going to happen for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Not a problem since.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    action steps: detail strip and clean the slide and all components therein. Replace RSA, extractor depressor plunger spring, trigger mechanism housing with ejector 30274 part, magazine springs. Glock relies upon rounds in the magazine to support the empty case during extraction. Test fire.

With that said, if you have only 4k rounds fired your gun hasn't appreciably worn any parts unless they were defective. And if they were defective, I'd expect other issues.

30274 ejector is probably your answer.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    action steps: detail strip and clean the slide and all components therein. Replace RSA, extractor depressor plunger spring, trigger mechanism housing with ejector 30274 part, magazine springs. Glock relies upon rounds in the magazine to support the empty case during extraction. Test fire.

With that said, if you have only 4k rounds fired your gun hasn't appreciably worn any parts unless they were defective. And if they were defective, I'd expect other issues.

30274 ejector is probably your answer.
    Id spend $7.99 + $4.00 shipping on a new 30274 ejector, try it for a couple hundred rounds..before Is spend a nickle more. Is what I DID. Not one BTF in years & thousands of rounds. But, do as you wish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast