Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trigger pins?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the gen 1 KNS pins
    (Oversize) in my primary, with a RRA NM 2-stage, only because the lower is old as dirt (SGW, from 1983) and the pin holes were somehow very worn. Very solid.

I agree, generally not necessary in most.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OZARK TOAD View Post
    Good point. I paid $90 for it over Black Friday. $90 pretty high huh?
    It just seems odd to me that everything you need isn't included. Anyway I would just get the KNS pins recommended in the directions.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This makes a lot of sense! Thanks. I will try the set screw method first and go from there.
    RA highly recommends using the KNS anti-rotation pins. If you have an aluminum rcvr, do the following:

Insert the trigger assembly.

Per your instructions, adjust the set screws so that they are just kissing the bottom of the rcvr trigger housing "well". It might take 1 or 2 attempts.

When satisfied, install the KNS / other brand anti-rotation screws. That's it.

Before you install the assembly, following the instructions for set screw adjustment, "adjust" the screws to make sure they indeed rotate. Before insertion, make sure they are flush with the trigger assembly housing (cassette) and march on.

Feedback Score
    Just ready to get this thing together and start plinkin’.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    RA highly recommends using the KNS anti-rotation pins. If you have an aluminum rcvr, do the following:

Insert the trigger assembly.

Per your instructions, adjust the set screws so that they are just kissing the bottom of the rcvr trigger housing "well". It might take 1 or 2 attempts.

When satisfied, install the KNS / other brand anti-rotation screws. That's it.

Before you install the assembly, following the instructions for set screw adjustment, "adjust" the screws to make sure they indeed rotate. Before insertion, make sure they are flush with the trigger assembly housing (cassette) and march on.
    Thanks much very helpful.

Feedback Score
    It’s weird that RA recommends kns pins over their own anti walk pins.

Feedback Score
    Just ready to get this thing together and start plinkin’.
    This isn't a plinkers forum. Try TOS, you'll fit in well there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rise Armament states:

KNS pins recommended (available here) but not required. If you do not use KNS pins, be sure to follow step 8 in the installation instructions linked below. The set screws should be used with any trigger pins.

Here is the installation without KNS pins:

Step 8

There are two small setscrews located on the trigger system under the hammer springs. Lift or shift over each hammer spring and use a 5/64 Allen wrench to snug the setscrews to the floor of the receiver. Do not over tighten, as this will change the poundage of the trigger. This step is necessary for the weapon to function properly without KNS pins.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    This isn't a plinkers forum. Try TOS, you'll fit in well there.
    Ha! Alrighty.
    Last edited by OZARK TOAD; 11-30-18 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Rise Armament states:

KNS pins recommended (available here) but not required. If you do not use KNS pins, be sure to follow step 8 in the installation instructions linked below. The set screws should be used with any trigger pins.

Here is the installation without KNS pins:

Step 8

There are two small setscrews located on the trigger system under the hammer springs. Lift or shift over each hammer spring and use a 5/64 Allen wrench to snug the setscrews to the floor of the receiver. Do not over tighten, as this will change the poundage of the trigger. This step is necessary for the weapon to function properly without KNS pins.
    Thanks renegade and everyone for the input. I’ll try without first and go from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12