Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palmetto State - I'm DONE BABY!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve bought several boxes of .223 and 9mm from them over the years, usually during the times when they offered free shipping, which they would do every so often. Although as a rule they don’t fill the orders particularly fast, the only order screwup they ever imposed on me is the time they sent me an extra 1000-round box of .223 and then couldn’t come up with a way for me to send it back. We wrestled around with that problem for awhile after I refused their request to return it at my expense, then they ultimately lost interest.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I’ve ordered many things from them over the years with no problems. But, I’ve never ordered ammo, optics, or anything that I wanted to receive quickly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Honestly when shipping is factored in I don't see any deals I can't find locally for about the same price
    I just bought FGMM .308 at 85˘/round, shipped...

I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's almost always mail-order ammo for me. (Or, since Prop 65, I'm having ammo shipped to friends/family out of state.)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Several years of ordering..no issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    I've been ordering from them for I think about ten years. The first thing that I got was several cases of new production non-corrosive 7.62x54R. This was back when the surplus corrosive was super cheap, so it have the effect of keeping the new production prices down. Over the years I purchased a ton of stuff from them. They have screwed up several orders, but always made it right after multiple phone calls and time waiting on hold. Two screw-ups come immediately to mind. The first is when I ordered multiple cases of Serbian or Croatian AK mags from them. There were 21 in a case. Keep in mind that I'm in Georgia and they're in South Carolina, so it's not like they had far to go. The factory boxes that the mags were packed in were super thin and cheap, definitely not worthy of the UPS or FedEx monkeys. They showed up in the original factory boxes. Several were missing magazines and several other cases had damaged magazines inside. They eventually made it right after tons of calls, time on hold, returns and calls back to get the $$$ refunded to my credit card. The second major screw up was when I ordered new ammo cans from them. You'd think that there would be some sort of token effort made at protecting them during transit. Nope. They were all just chunked loose in very large boxes. By the time they arrived at my house, they looked like surplus ammo cans. Several were dented. Again, it took calls, waiting on hold, returns and calls back to get the $$$ refunded to my credit card.

A few weeks ago I purchased a PSA AR10 upper half and lower half from them. The upper half was sent directly to me and the lower half was sent to my dealer. All seemed well until I slapped them together. There's a 2mm gap between the two at the rear of the upper receiver and the rattle/looseness between the upper and lower is literally worse by far than I've ever seen on any AR type rifle. To make a long story short, I returned the rifle to them for repair. I received it back a little over a week later. Nothing was done to it and there was no explanation in the box. I called and was told that it fired ok and met PSA quality standards. Of course my reply was that I didn't know that PSA had quality standards that were below normal industry standards. I was told that I could send back the upper half, but not the lower half since it was already transferred to me. I responded that does me no good because I can't shoot half a rifle. Eventually I told them that if they don't do the right thing and take the lower half back too, then I won't buy from them again. They replied that they wouldn't. They will lose far more in profit from me than they gained by sticking me with a $200 lower half, but I get the impression that they really don't care.
    Last edited by Bret; 12-03-18 at 11:20.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I ordered 200rds of Sig .300BLK, a Holosun RDS, an AR pistol kit and a stripped lower receiver on 11/19. The Sig ammo and Holosun arrived yesterday. The kit will arrive today (allegedly) as will the lower to my FFL. They are definitely the slow boat from China outfit! LOL
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I just bought FGMM .308 at 85˘/round, shipped...

Update: I placed that order Nov. 27th. I just received an update from PSA that they finally created a mailing label (two weeks later).

Really, I won't use/need the ammo 'til January 7th, so I'm not worried, but still...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Want to say that PSA did rectify my order and I got what I paid for. Good follow up in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12