Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.5 Creedmoor AR-10 1000yd group

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We feel like its cheating with 300WM all the time. When and miss and miss and 300WM , Ding!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    I find it amazing that a semi auto platform can achieve sub-MOA at 1k, but it can be done.
    Mine does it at 900. Range I shoot at has I believe 12" gongs at 900 yards(I think they are smaller, but hard for me to tell, Ive never physically gone out to look at them) and I can make repeatable hits on them if I get the wind call(guess LOL) correct. Pretty close to sub MOA at 1000.

Its a lot in the barrel(I run a JP 6.5 barrel) and a lot in the load(my load is stupid consistent across the chrono) and a bit in the shooter.

Feedback Score
    I was out agian today with 6.5 Creedmoor at that range but only had a few rounds of 140 ELD-M a few old 140 A-max a couple 139 lapua and some 140 match. I was cleaning out the reloading room following moving it to a diffrent building and found several boxes of bullets with just a few in each box I loaded them all up this past week and brought them out and shot them at 1000yds. Wind was strange today blowing right to left at the bench’s and left to right at the target made wind calls pretty ugly at times. We had around 7 guys out shooting today weather, other than strange wind was absolutely gorgeous could of worn a t-shirt and been fine. Shot my AR-15 out to 750yds without to much issue but couldn’t even hit steel at 1000yds with the wind conditions it’s a crap shoot on good days at that range for the AR-15 but it was not cooperating at all with me today. Had a new shooter in the group that kept saying clicks on his scope and his dope was like nothing we had seen before until we figured out his “clicks” where the MOA numbers on his turrets not actually how many clicks he adjusted his scope that little error turned into some real funny comments by the end of the day.
    Last edited by Kansaswoodguy; 12-16-18 at 20:03. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice shooting! What is the software program you’re using to measure/analyze your groups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sounds like Pappabear got his 6.5 bolt gun today. We may be slinging some bullets this weekend.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MJinPA View Post
    Nice shooting! What is the software program you’re using to measure/analyze your groups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's part of the Bullseye target camera software

Feedback Score
    What is your avg MV with the 140gr ELDs?

Was that with reloads or factory?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We were getting from 2700 to 2800+ FPS depending on factory load. Nothing below 2700fps

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    My normal load is the 140gr ELD-M I get 2737fps out of a 26" Krieger I don't run the high pressure bolt and get pierced primers if I go any higher. Mine are handloads

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Try a high pressure bolt it really helps. I also run lighter bullets in the 123 grain class over a max load of Varget, velocity in the 2860-2880 range, with excellent results. It is easier on cases and primers in a gas gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12