Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in trigger group

Feedback Score

Drop in trigger group

With out breaking the bank I'd like to replace the trigger group in my AR10, What's the best bang for the buck with a 4 LBS pull rate. Has to have a history of being dependable.
    Thanks,

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Drop in trigger group

2 stage trigger - LaRue MBT-2A is a 2.5+2 4.5 LB trigger

Single stage - Hiperfire EDT (I use the Heavy Gunner model) Comes with a 4.5 LB spring and a 5.5 LB spring. That’s my go to for most of my AR’s including my AR-10. The EDT has a hard hammer strike which is great for some of the older 7.62 training ammo I shoot.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hip...p/hf-edthg.htm

Optics planet may still have some deals going on. I got one for $83 bucks
    Also check Rainier Arms. $87 bucks but they are OOS at the moment.

You can get cheaper like the ALG ACT, but after shooting the EDT I stopped buying those. You can spend more to a lot more on a Geissele but personally the difference is so negligible that the extra expense makes no sense to me- unless you count the Kool-Aid factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 11-30-18 at 07:10.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    With out breaking the bank I'd like to replace the trigger group in my AR10, What's the best bang for the buck with a 4 LBS pull rate. Has to have a history of being dependable. Thanks,
    ALG ACT and Larue MBT
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    For 2-stage, you can't beat a Geissele G2S or the Larue MBT.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    For 2-stage, you can't beat a Geissele G2S

They were just moving these for $99 on cyber Monday.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    "Drop In Trigger Group" was the title. As good as these triggers are, are any of the recommendations so far "drop in"..?
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascally View Post
    "Drop In Trigger Group" was the title. As good as these triggers are, are any of the recommendations so far "drop in"..?
    Oh yeah, there was that....

Best drop-in I’ve used was a CMC. Primary Arms will run them on sale periodically.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I would not use a drop in trigger group that goes in as a single unit like a cassette. The first time a primer comes out of its pocket, it’s very apparent why. If that type of trigger is insisted upon, CMC makes fantastic triggers.

LaRue triggers are dirt cheap and feel pretty good to shoot with. Geissele makes some triggers that are very inexpensive as well. The way a trigger feels is a very subjective thing and various triggers have different attributes that make them appealing to all kinds of people. I find my LaRue trigger to be somewhat pleasant to shoot. Comparing it side by side to any Geissele in terms of construction is like comparing a mobile home to a brick house. Geissele triggers may cost “a lot,” but you get a lot for that money.

Everything is on the internet and if you can change a tire you possess the intellect and mechanical inclination to install a non-drop-in trigger. Do not be intimidated.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I highly recommend not using a cassette styled trigger.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    With out breaking the bank I'd like to replace the trigger group in my AR10, What's the best bang for the buck with a 4 LBS pull rate. Has to have a history of being dependable.
    Thanks,
    5shank, is there a particular reason you’re looking specifically for a drop in? For sure they are easier to install install, but so are “regular” triggers. It usually only takes me a minute or so to install one. That EDT trigger I mentioned comes with a longer pin that’s smaller on one end and works to help asking the hammer and triggers holes with the FCL holes of the lower. It goes in super easy and from there you insert your hammer or trigger pin, pushing the alignment pin out. I may not be explaining it well, but it really is pretty easy. Also the EDT trigger is designed to allow separated printers or dirt and crap pass through the disconnector.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast