Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drop in trigger group

Feedback Score
    No reason, just looking to replace a factory trigger that breaks at 9 LBS, a very crisp 9# at that.... Now I know what ever I buy won't be the same as my Jewel triggers on my PD guns but what I'm thinking is there might be some really nice value priced triggers that you guy's might know a thing or 2 about. Don't really care if it's not a drop-in, I'm pretty good at putting things together.
    Thanks
    5shank

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    No reason, just looking to replace a factory trigger that breaks at 9 LBS, a very crisp 9# at that.... Now I know what ever I buy won't be the same as my Jewel triggers on my PD guns but what I'm thinking is there might be some really nice value priced triggers that you guy's might know a thing or 2 about. Don't really care if it's not a drop-in, I'm pretty good at putting things together.
    Thanks
    5shank
    Is it safe to assume you mean a trigger that requires zero modification/tuning/lacks or doesn’t need any adjustability?

Geissele/ALG all day every day. ALG is considered the “value” brand of the two.

Two pins and finangling the springs into place.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Is it safe to assume you mean a trigger that requires zero modification/tuning/lacks or doesn’t need any adjustability?

Geissele/ALG all day every day. ALG is considered the “value” brand of the two.

Two pins and finangling the springs into place.
    Putting aside my preference of the EDT over the ALG, I found with some German military surplus 7.62, that my purple spring had some hammer strike issues. We are talking about every 2-3/ 5 rds. (I did not try the other hammer spring. That in all likelihood would have resolved the issue.) The rounds would fire but only after a second run through. After swapping triggers I’ve fired hundreds of rounds of that same ammo both with the MBT and EDT without a FTF. AR-15 hands down the best trigger at $49-$59z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Have a enough muss and fuss in my life, can I work on a trigger or trigger group...... He### yes! Do I want to, No. Spent 20 years building 1911's and rifles to help feed my kids 20 yrs ago plus working 50 hrs a week for someone else! I'm old, tired, and grumpy and at this age I want to cheat and let someone else get their hands dirty. Looking for the best bang for the buck!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Putting aside my preference of the EDT over the ALG, I found with some German military surplus 7.62, that my purple spring had some hammer strike issues. We are talking about every 2-3/ 5 rds. (I did not try the other hammer spring. That in all likelihood would have resolved the issue.) The rounds would fire but only after a second run through. After swapping triggers I’ve fired hundreds of rounds of that same ammo both with the MBT and EDT without a FTF. AR-15 hands down the best trigger at $49-$59z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn’t recommend them because I have zero experience with anything Larue other than optic and laser mounts which have worked well for me...particularly for the peq 2 mount which at the time was the only QD peq2 mount I could find.

I’m a Texan and love to support Texan businesses, but there was so much goodness coming out of a handful of other places that I kind of quit looking at what they were doing for a while. I may try one though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If ya want a 2-stage with great bang for the buck, the MBT-2S delivers. The operational differences between it and an SSA are minimal. I've had a couple friends comment that they prefer my LaRues over the SSA.

If the MBT is too "new" for you you, the G2S is a solid option, especially when it's less than $100.

I guess I need to pull them out to see what Noogshim's talking about regarding construction.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a Geissele in my M110K1 looking SR25. Cannot imagine any other trigger.

I have seriously debated a Geissele for my ECC but only if factory KAC dies.
    Really Geissele does it all.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    Have a enough muss and fuss in my life, can I work on a trigger or trigger group...... He### yes! Do I want to, No. Spent 20 years building 1911's and rifles to help feed my kids 20 yrs ago plus working 50 hrs a week for someone else! I'm old, tired, and grumpy and at this age I want to cheat and let someone else get their hands dirty. Looking for the best bang for the buck!
    If you can assemble a 1911, installing a trigger in an AR is like putting legos together. The drop-in cassette-type fire control groups are actually more, “muss and fuss,” because they typically require screws or clips since all of them that I am familiar with, lack self locking pins. The standard type, on the other hand, are more simple and require nothing but a couple of pins. Ironic that the drop-in are more complex.

Feedback Score
    Putting AR's together is easy, making them work right a little harder, getting a great deal on a darn good trigger........ Priceless!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I highly recommend not using a cassette styled trigger.
    Why? What issues are there with them?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast