Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Drop in trigger group

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "If it's not a geisselle, it's probably junk" is my mentality when it comes to triggers. As an engineering undergrad I can appreciate what Bill G. brings to the table as a manufacture.

Serisouly, no other match grade trigger is approved by and in use by SOCOM. I would absolutely spend the extra $50 to get a quality bullet dispensing button. Everyone thinks "how bad could a trigger malfunction be?" Do you really want to find out? If you are super duper price sensitive then try and catch a G2S trigger on sale. I picked mine up a few years back at $130, but they may go even lower now.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    "If it's not a geisselle, it's probably junk" is my mentality when it comes to triggers. As an engineering undergrad I can appreciate what Bill G. brings to the table as a manufacture.

Serisouly, no other match grade trigger is approved by and in use by SOCOM. I would absolutely spend the extra $50 to get a quality bullet dispensing button. Everyone thinks "how bad could a trigger malfunction be?" Do you really want to find out? If you are super duper price sensitive then try and catch a G2S trigger on sale. I picked mine up a few years back at $130, but they may go even lower now.
    Statistically, the majority of people weighing Geissele vs X will never be harmed by a conceivable trigger malf from a quality drop in cassette type or "match" trigger
    That being said, I have G in the majority of mine just due to getting some really good deals on them

Feedback Score
    Filling my head and emptying my wallet, keep it coming I'm starting to learn about AR triggers!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Statistically, the majority of people weighing Geissele vs X will never be harmed by a conceivable trigger malf from a quality drop in cassette type or "match" trigger
    That being said, I have G in the majority of mine just due to getting some really good deals on them
    Statistically most people will never shoot enough to sheer a bolt lug not made out of carpenter 158, or fall hard onto 6xxx series receiver extensions hard enough to bend them. But I don’t advocate for inferior bolts, and I don’t advocate weaker receiver extensions.

The formula for an AR that you can run into the ground with poor maintenance is firmly established. I don’t see the sense in straying from it too far. And over what is relatively little money?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Statistically most people will never shoot enough to sheer a bolt lug not made out of carpenter 158, or fall hard onto 6xxx series receiver extensions hard enough to bend them. But I don’t advocate for inferior bolts, and I don’t advocate weaker receiver extensions.

The formula for an AR that you can run into the ground with poor maintenance is firmly established. I don’t see the sense in straying from it too far. And over what is relatively little money?
    That is a bit off topic but You are saying 6061 rails are inferior and should not be used?
    I've run thousands of rounds thru multiple different ARs and never had a primer pop out. However, I use brass case and brand name ammo 99.999% of the time. Only recently ran a small amount of steel case tula and Wolf Gold. So, I would say that a trigger malfunction is going to be rarer than falling on one's receiver extension and I would even go so far as to say you'd sheer a bolt lug before you have a loose primer if you run decent ammo. Now, if people start running "gamer" drop in triggers; all bets are off. Such as Elftman. I have heard and seen pics of these breaking hammers. Also Hyperfire failures etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    That is a bit off topic but You are saying 6061 rails are inferior and should not be used?
    I've run thousands of rounds thru multiple different ARs and never had a primer pop out. However, I use brass case and brand name ammo 99.999% of the time. Only recently ran a small amount of steel case tula and Wolf Gold. So, I would say that a trigger malfunction is going to be rarer than falling on one's receiver extension and I would even go so far as to say you'd sheer a bolt lug before you have a loose primer if you run decent ammo. Now, if people start running "gamer" drop in triggers; all bets are off. Such as Elftman. I have heard and seen pics of these breaking hammers. Also Hyperfire failures etc.
    No...I’m saying 6061 receiver extensions are inferior. 7075 is almost twice as strong in most respects. https://metalpress.onlinemetals.com/...luminum-alloy/

Popped primers are uncommon. They happen. Other bits of small foreign debris definitely happens.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234