Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first clone, 603

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pipboy344 View Post
    Dammit, I need to find a rifle. Preferably slab side but i’ll take anything I can find down here.

All I have is an A2 HBAR i’d love to ditch because of that weight.
    You can always build or buy one of Brownells complete retro ARs. They have a few to choose from.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    You can always build or buy one of Brownells complete retro ARs. They have a few to choose from.
    Don’t want to build, i’m looking to partially trade. Besides those Brownells rifles are said to have terrible quality furniture so I’d have to buy a vintage set anyway.

You know the retro AR-10 they have can’t use original magazines? You have to buy new ones that look similar to them or use modern ones.
    Last edited by pipboy344; 12-03-18 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pipboy344 View Post
    Don’t want to build, i’m looking to partially trade. Besides those Brownells rifles are said to have terrible quality furniture so I’d have to buy a vintage set anyway.

You know the retro AR-10 they have can’t use original magazines? You have to buy new ones that look similar to them or use modern ones.
    There's nothing wrong with the Brownell's furniture, except that it's made from modern materials. (Well, and the round handguards don't have heat shields in them, but at least you can take them off without pulling your gas block off.)

And why would you want to use original magazines? Are they particularly well-priced? Do they function better? Brownell's now has a magazine based on the Dutch AR-10 magazines, altered to function in SR-25-pattern rifles.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the Brownell's furniture, except that it's made from modern materials. (Well, and the round handguards don't have heat shields in them, but at least you can take them off without pulling your gas block off.)

And why would you want to use original magazines? Are they particularly well-priced? Do they function better? Brownell's now has a magazine based on the Dutch AR-10 magazines, altered to function in SR-25-pattern rifles.
    Besides, real AR-10 waffle magazines are extremely expensive when you can find them for sale.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12