Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I now humbly apologize, and withdraw my earlier position on modern pistols

Feedback Score
    I say this as an unapologetic lover of the 1911.

Glock is the king of the hill in today's world. Out of the box, it will accomplish 99% of what a defensive handgun needs to accomplish barring the plastic sights. Add a threaded barrel, RMR, and WML and you are about as close to the pinnacle of a formidable defensive handgun in today's world as one can get, especially if you have the capability to carry such a beast.

One could substitute M&P, HK, Sig or CZ into the same equation and have equal to or greater performance while only being slightly disadvantaged ( and I stress slightly) in the aftermarket support.

The 1911 is a creature unto itself and offers no real advantage over any modern gun, sans maybe the trigger, and some well voiced disadvantages. A switched on end user of the 1911 can be an absolute force of nature performance wise, but getting there requires carrying a bit more baggage not only in range time, but in educating oneself also in what is needed to accomplish that goal.

I own more 1911's than I do anything else, but, I also have Glock's, M&P's, and revolvers. If I was forced to whittle it down to two, it would probably be one 1911 and one Glock, and doubtful I would feel disadvantaged carrying either.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    The M&P Shield .45 2.0 is 29 oz loaded with 8 230 gr bullets. It's also extremely thin and quite affordable. Check one out.
    Been carrying the 9mm version for about 3 years.

Feedback Score
    Your description of how you imagine 1911 vs glock owners is pretty odd, is it a joke?

I like the 1911, but there's so much more for Glocks unless you want a completely stock pistol.

I have just finished up a Glock I customized, maybe one of these days will do something similar for a 1911.

For now my g19 longslide with RMR is my carry gun and my 1911 is a range gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharlika75 View Post
    Your description of how you imagine 1911 vs glock owners is pretty odd, is it a joke?

I like the 1911, but there's so much more for Glocks unless you want a completely stock pistol.

I have just finished up a Glock I customized, maybe one of these days will do something similar for a 1911.

For now my g19 longslide with RMR is my carry gun and my 1911 is a range gun.

A stock G19 is what shines. Rmr is same for both pistols.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    I can't shake a certain DA/SA myself. Just can't get it off my hip.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    More attention whoring.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    More attention whoring.
    Gonna have to be more specific after 6 pages. Just saying...

By the way, can the pilot eject the WSO in the Phantom?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Besides military/antique firearms, I have, I think, 2 or 3 guns that I shoot "for fun", including an L frame, 4" barrel revolver. Personally (meaning you shouldn't care, because it's just my opinion), I see it as a waste of money to own guns that are only good as range toys, and in that class I count 1911s. Again, personal opinion, but I don't see the point of owning any firearm if you can't depend on it for something more than range use - I could definitely count on my pre-lock 686+ for more than that, but why? Regardless, if circumstances dictate that it was the only gun I had, I wouldn't think twice about relying on it. That being said, the 2A is good and this is America, so if you like spending money on range guns, then I support that.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Gonna have to be more specific after 6 pages. Just saying...

By the way, can the pilot eject the WSO in the Phantom?
    Lol, these self flagellating attention seeking thread titles just seem more appropriate at TOS or Facespace. Just makes me roll my eyes.

Flew a different Rhino (F18F) but I did see one of the last QF-4s launch. Looked like a roman candle attached to a flying brick.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Lol, these self flagellating attention seeking thread titles just seem more appropriate at TOS or Facespace. Just makes me roll my eyes.

Flew a different Rhino (F18F) but I did see one of the last QF-4s launch. Looked like a roman candle attached to a flying brick.
    And lucky for all of us he had started multiple threads like this recently.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast