Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I now humbly apologize, and withdraw my earlier position on modern pistols

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    What happened to the cheap Rugers?
    Sold. I liked the M&P better, it just fit my hand and shot better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Not too long ago, I posted the following; it concerned Glocks specifically, but was intended to encompass all striker fired polymer guns:

"Consider the man who carries a 1911. He radiates aplomb as he strides through the city. His eye is intrepid, his gait cocksure, his countenance censorious. He need not fight; youthful gangsters feel his presence in their bones a block away.

"Now consider the man who chooses to carry a firearm that more closely resembles an iPhone than it does one of John Moses Browning's noble creations. Does he move among the thugs with the same dash?"
    Really, you think that way? I'm embarrassed for you.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    "We need to get over the romance of carrying an out-dated, heavy, marginally reliable pistol, and get onto the business of shooting smelly bad guys in the face with a modern pistol" - Markm.
    Those whacky weirdos with their Reichsrevolvers.

Real men shoot smelly bad guys (and less pungent bad guys, too) with modern, light weight pistols, like the 1911.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1911s are fun guns and are very accessible. Every single female loves shooting my 1911. Quadruply so when I have the .22 kit on it.

The slim single stack is empowering and the weight, especially with .22, makes it crazy soft.

That said, it's just a gun. And there are better ones out there. Like, I won't lie and say I'm a martial artist. But like, in a way, 1911s and revolvers are kind of like how guys train with bo staffs or katana swords. It's neat to study old forms but in reality; you want a G19/34 with an RMR and a weaponlight.

Like, I like a good honest model 19 or 686 for shooting wadcutters and if it were my only gun, I wouldn't feel too bad. But it just won't ever be the 60s again where it is all Adam 12

And if it were the 60s, I'd get a Hi Power and all the Super Vel I could find until Beretta 92s happened.

But old single actions and revolvers are a proud discipline
    Last edited by Firefly; 12-01-18 at 06:15.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    To quote a friend "1911's are great, as long as they work" Yeah, 2 rounds later a part fell off his pistol.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Really, you think that way? I'm embarrassed for you.
    No need to be. I did apologize and repent of that error, did I not?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh, I get that you were repenting, I was embarrassed because your tome read like something Massad Ayoob would write.

Although, I have to admit that the style is effective, because I still remember some of the drivel he used to write. For example, in one article he wrote that as he strode out the door wearing whatever firearm he was shilling, his wife asked 'Is he that good Mas?' Point being that he was wearing the special firearm while training a new officer and he wouldn't wear such a special weapon if the officer was a dud.

Such Walter Mittyness is impossible to un-read, un-see, or un-learn, it remains seared upon your cerebral cortex for eternity. Much as your brief tome will forever be enshrined.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 12-01-18 at 10:29.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You don't need to apologize, the enlightenment of not being married to your gear is a step that some will never take.

I mean we have a whole new generation of fanboys, but now they are Glock rather than 1911. Just don't take that as a way to avoid rational discussion on the Glock as a tool.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ugghhhh Massad Ayoob.....

He got into an at fault wreck and got Second Chance to credit him as a “save” because he wore his vest when it happened.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Ugghhhh Massad Ayoob.....

He got into an at fault wreck and got Second Chance to credit him as a “save” because he wore his vest when it happened.
    Hey, way back when it was Mas Ayood who convinced me to buy Cor-Bon 115 grain +P for my S&W 5904. You know, hydrostatic shock and all that.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast