Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt 11.5 HRT Barrel + what else?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Colt 11.5 HRT Barrel + what else?

So I’m looking for an upper for my first SBR, and I’m thinking about picking up one of these HRT barrels from Grant. I wish it came at least as a barreled upper, but whatevs.

What are everyone’s suggestions for a receiver, bcg, and rail? I’m probably going to shave the fsb to fit under whatever handguard is utilized.

If there’s a completely different route y’all think I should go, I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderzuk View Post
    So I’m looking for an upper for my first SBR, and I’m thinking about picking up one of these HRT barrels from Grant. I wish it came at least as a barreled upper, but whatevs.

What are everyone’s suggestions for a receiver, bcg, and rail? I’m probably going to shave the fsb to fit under whatever handguard is utilized.

If there’s a completely different route y’all think I should go, I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks.
    For rails there are A LOT of quality options but my choice would be Centurion or Geissele. Personally I would use a Colt BCG and upper receiver.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just put one together with a KAC M4 RAS, Colt BCG and a PSA stripped upper.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    I just put one together with a KAC M4 RAS, Colt BCG and a PSA stripped upper.
    Phixion, any pics of your completed upper? Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? If so, thoughts?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Shark Arms will have the complete upper, including BCG, rear sight, CH, and 11.5” barrel, all Colt, for $550 if you are patient.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Phixion, any pics of your completed upper? Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? If so, thoughts?
    No, I haven't had a chance to take it out; I just put it together the other day with some parts I already had.

I'm waiting on a different brace and I'll probably change the light setup, but this is how it sits for now.

~ 8lbs. 5.8oz. as pictured; full magazine.

Last edited by phixion; 11-11-18 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    No, I haven't had a chance to take it out; I just put it together the other day with some parts I already had.

I'm waiting on a different brace and I'll probably change the light setup, but this is how it sits for now.

~ 8lbs. 5.8oz. as pictured; full magazine.

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just buy a factory Colt 6933.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Just buy a factory Colt 6933.
    And wait the better part of a year to get it out of jail? I lack the patience.

Feedback Score
    My experience is that approval takes about the same amount of time for Form 1's and Form 4's. Factory SBR's are sellable. It's very difficult to sell a SBR that you've Form 1'd yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast