Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vickers Guide: Kalashnikov (and thoughts on the matter)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post
    How about the Arsenal SAM7R’s?

I also remember Rifle Dynamics being thrown around as a solid AK builder?

Vickers made it a point to mention more than once that he preferred the milled guns to shoot and the stamped receiver models for more walking than shooting.
    I've never owned a milled AK, but those that have them seem to love them and almost all of the feedback on SAM7s I've seen is positive. The balance is definitely different with a milled Arsenal - personally, I think stamped 1mm AKs have the best balance, but to each their own - I would assume there's less felt recoil with the milled, not that x39 is a harsh round, anyway. The price lately is approaching a wash, as far as Arsenal guns, since the stamped models (except the SBR-ready ones) have been hard to come by. One thing to consider is that accessory options are less plentiful for a milled AK.

There's a long-running thread on the other site started by some folks from Battlefield Las Vegas claiming that they have yet to see a milled receiver fail, whereas stamped usually make it 50-80,000 rounds (still well beyond what most of us will shoot). Theres are heavy use, FA guns. Milled is more forgiving than a poor stamping, but I wouldn't be worried about that with a Bulgarian Arsenal. If you can find one of the thicker Chinese, Russian, or Bulgarian stamped receivers (either 1.3mm or 1.5), those are supposed to be a good "in between" if it's of much concern.
    Last edited by sundance435; 12-19-18 at 11:22.

Feedback Score

Vickers

Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I wish I remember everyone involved. Like you I was amazed at the disrespect being shown to a founding member of Delta and one who is so pro gun he's willing to share his knowledge with others.

Hopefully somebody else has a better memory than I do on the subject.
    I think its unfair to complain about Mr.Vickers weight.Thats a personal matter.Whatever the reason, Vickers above all has earned the right to decide what weight he wants to be.

Feedback Score
    Thread is about AK and Larry Vichers' book on AK's - right?
    Last edited by thegreyman; 01-10-19 at 07:54.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I knew LAV put out a book on the AR/M16 platforms. This thread made me go check out his site. I didn’t know he had so many books out. Those looks like they will make nice gifts for the next few years.

Interested in grabbing the AK book for myself.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I ordered some standard books (AK & WWII) before Christmas, and I was surprised to receive the signature books signed by LAV. I thought it was nice, since I’m a fan.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345