Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM 14.5” Midlength - Ideal buffer/spring combo

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

BCM 14.5” Midlength - Ideal buffer/spring combo

I just ordered a BCM 14.5” EHL mid-length upper, and was curious what the ideal buffer and spring weight combo might be. I plan to start with an H buffer and Sprinco blue, only because that’s what I’ve been running with my BCM 16” mid-length upper that I’m replacing with this new upper.

Feedback Score
    I have found my 14.5 BCM ELW midlength gas to be extremely finicky regards to buffer weight and spring. Currently find a 1/2 moon Colt carrier and standard carbine buffer and spring the best for mine.

I had started with an FA BCG & H1 buffer plus Tubb flatwire Silicon spring, that was too much!
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    My wife runs a Geissele Super 42 with their standard H buffer in her BCM BFH 14.5 LW midlength (please note it is not the ELW version), and it is super smooth. She tried colt spring with H buffer and the Blue Sprinco with both H and H2 buffers, and she prefers the Geissele.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    My wife runs a Geissele Super 42 with their standard H buffer in her BCM BFH 14.5 LW midlength (please note it is not the ELW version), and it is super smooth. She tried colt spring with H buffer and the Blue Sprinco with both H and H2 buffers, and she prefers the Geissele.
    Were there any reliability issues with the blue sprinco and H or H2 buffer? How does the Super 42 compare to the blue sprinco in terms of power?

Feedback Score
    Zero reliability issues with any setup. She just had a personal preference to the Geissele.

She took a rifle course with the BCM in June where she put 2k rounds through the rifle in 3 days with zero malfunctions.
    Last edited by morpheus562; 12-02-18 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    BCM ships both 14 and 16" middie rifles with H buffers if that means anything.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The upper runs very nicely with an H buffer and Sprinco blue. I'm amazed at just how soft shooting this rifle is, especially with the BCM comp, the muzzle barely moves.

Feedback Score
    Not a BCM, but just to compare notes my BA 14.7 Mid runs with a H2 and a blue Springo. It had about 1500 round through it with an H1 and then I upped to an H2 for another 1500 or so. No rifle related malfunctions. I have always had the impression that this barrel was over gassed.
    Last edited by TomPenguin5145; 01-09-19 at 15:35.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    H buffer with carbean COLT spring - Pure Heaven. Smoothest running AR ever.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^^^ This was my impression. These are best ran with standard spring and H1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast