Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What do you think will be the next big evolution in RDS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    They make a polarizer filter for the M21.
    It's very Mickey Mouse. Almost cheap airsoft quality. Certainly wouldn't take abuse.

Feedback Score
    RD sights should evolve to be lighter. The T-1 and H-1 Aimpoints are light, long battery life, the military likes them because they are apparently tough, but they cost $650.00. What about something like Primary Arms red dot which is light, long battery life, has gone through torture tests in vids. and only costs $160.00 or so?

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/primar...SABEgJdo_D_BwE

It would be nice to have a non-battery red dot but tritium is just not strong enough not to be washed out by a flashlight and fiber optics only work in the daylight so finding a HD red dot which will also work well for a hundred yards or so (3 MOA Dot or smaller) with long battery life, which is light in weight --all for a reasonable price is a hard trick right now.

There is the Sig Romeo 4T with solar, battery back up and long battery life, shake awake feature but it costs $699.00--- well into Aimpoint pricing.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/romeo4t-1x20-mm.html

Again, the solar to capacitor storage would be an advance and should dial up to a brightness suitable with a white light. After all, how long are you going to poke around your basement with the light on? A simple fiber optic would work for daytime use. This coupled with a price drop to the $300.00 price point is what I wish for Christmas.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Spoiler alert. The PA and Sig are MADE IN CHINA.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    I think, personally, one of the biggest evolutions we will see is digital processors.

Say goodnight to astigmatism and low light shooting with a digital optic that turns on with movement, uses quick buttons to zoom in and out, and holds it's digital zero with no moving parts to break, stretch, or get knocked around.

It won't need "Glass", outside of the digital camera lens, and the feedback on range, angles, etc, will be factored in with it's programming to accelerate the shooter' abilities.

It will take another 20 years, is my bet, but with the increasing options of NV, Digital Optis with Auto Range/Tracking capabilities, it's really only a matter of time before that technology get's solidified and they're offering compact "RDS"s that can go to 10x Zoom and back to 1x with a tap of a button.

ETA: 4-5 Years ago, I broke out the pen and pad, and drew out a design which incorporated wireless (or wired) control panels that mount to your rail for quick zoom features and programmable zoom settings.

It's a dream, for sure, but one that I really hope to bring to fruition at some point in the near future. Conceptually, it's fantastic, but I know electronics are harder to work with than that.
    The ATN X-Sight (now on the 2nd revision) is already out and does a lot of what you say. It looks like a scope but its a digial camera and a monitor, has wifi, ranging, zoom, and of course NV. I can't imagine it being another 20 years for someone to take this tack and make something better. Watch some videos on the X-Sight to see some of the cool features. Its not ready for hard use but its the beginning of affordable NV.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    The ATN X-Sight (now on the 2nd revision) is already out and does a lot of what you say. It looks like a scope but its a digial camera and a monitor, has wifi, ranging, zoom, and of course NV. I can't imagine it being another 20 years for someone to take this tack and make something better. Watch some videos on the X-Sight to see some of the cool features. Its not ready for hard use but its the beginning of affordable NV.
    To clarify, that's what I am referencing in my initial post is the technology is here. The X-Sight is a very promising sign of things to come. I give it another 20 years before it's the size of a red dot (think H-1 or T2 Size) and solidified as easy to power and reliable. I think we can have all of these features in a small light weight package.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 12-05-18 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Spoiler alert. The PA and Sig are MADE IN CHINA.
    Then why are people paying big bucks for Sig?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Because they’re retarded.

Feedback Score
    Because people can't tell between Sig USA and Sig Sauer GmbH.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    In 2010 I bought a Sig P556. It came with a Sig STS-081 red dot. Spend 5 minutes looking at that optic and then come back and tell me Sig USA is serious about their optics. Not sure why they decided to include it or put their name on it.

So sure, they came back and partnered with an unknown Chinese optic brand and sells red dots that are eerily similar to Holosun and Primary Arms. I am ok with Holosun and Sig, having both red dots, they are just not $300+ optics. I paid $110-130 used. Look at the top end Holosun and its much cheaper than the Sig branded stuff.

As far as the high dollar scopes, I don't know if they come out of the same factories as Vortex in the PI or Low in Japan. Dunno.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    To clarify, that's what I am referencing in my initial post is the technology is here. The X-Sight is a very promising sign of things to come. I give it another 20 years before it's the size of a red dot (think H-1 or T2 Size) and solidified as easy to power and reliable. I think we can have all of these features in a small light weight package.
    This thing looks pretty cool--day and night sight. $550.00

https://atn.factoryoutletstore.com/c...SAAEgJUlPD_BwE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast