Thread: Improving Glock 43 triggger

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Improving Glock 43 triggger

Recently picked up a Glock 43 and like it as a niche gun. But, I am having accuracy issues. i.e. My accuracy sucks.

I have a bunch of Glock 19’s. One of them I bought in 1993 and that wore itself in. the others are Gen 4 and I have played around with different sets of connectors springs etc. All the triggers are Gen 3 OEM and the other parts are competition and like Goldielocks the triggers are now just right.
    I believe it is the long and heavy break on the 43 that has me shooting so poorly.
    Anyone had experience “improving” their triggers beyond heavy use and general polish?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No, mine is just stock. Good question though, probably just aftermarket kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Keep dryfiring/shooting it, you'll get used to it.

I say that because I thought it felt a little weird, first few rounds. Then I realized I was used to years of shooting the double stack frame Glocks, and that was why it felt different.

Put 200 rnds through it that first day, and declared it a sweet gun, and surprisingly accurate for bein' so small.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Glock 43's had a couple different connectors, not sure which yours has but I believe mine came with the "minus" and the original G43 connector was significantly heavier. A little more trigger finger helps me get through the break of the trigger without dropping low left. Its a very small grip circumference compared to a double stack so your hands are learning a different set of grip/trigger pull mechanics.

The only "trigger mod" I made to mine was to swap out the serrated trigger shoe with a glock OEM smooth shoe

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I adore my Glock 43 as far as concealment goes but find it to be very snappy. Combine this with heavy trigger and it's by far the gun I shoot the worst with. I did the following:

-Lightweight striker safety plunger spring
    -Ghost Inc. connector

This dramatically changed the trigger for the better: noticeably lighter and shorter. While I'm still not as fast/good with the 43 as I am my IDPA/USPSA 34, it has been a huge improvement. The added benefit is since the striker assembly and trigger springs are still factory, I have had no issues with reliability or light strikes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you know how to remove the connector from the trigger housing you can see what part number it is. The part number is on the leg of the connector which slides into the trigger housing. You should be able to see the (-) or (+) on the back of the connector with it installed if there is one there.

The original connector was PN 33215, I'm unsure on the weight.

The connector that new 43's are supposedly shipped with are PN 33564 and should be marked with a minus. Glock calls them 5.5 pounds.

Glock also makes a (+) connector, it is PN 33847. Glock says they are 8 pounds.

Here is a link to a (-): https://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-O...ctinfo/G33564/
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 12-03-18 at 22:19. Reason: forget to tell OP you could see + or -
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee