Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DD mk18 failure to feed?Magazine issue or something else?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

DD mk18 failure to feed?Magazine issue or something else?

Hey guys
    Just went to range today to test our my brand new DD MK18 upper (0.07 gas port). I’m running a Bootleg adjustable carrier and vltor A5 with H3 buffer and springco green. Also running a socom 556rc SB can

When the gun is suppressed, and using brand new lancer mag, I’ll get 1 failure to fee per magazine. My initially thought was the buffer is too heavy and the rifle is little bit of undergassed, but my ejection pattern it’s about 3-5 o’clock, so it might not be gas issue. And then i ran one of my old black lancer magazine and it’s run good without hiccup.

So this sound more like magazine issue instead of buffer being little too heavy?

Speaking of bootleg adjust BCG, the setting is at unsuppressed. I was not able to turn it to suppressed setting due to the adjustment key is too “shallow”

If I’m able to turn the BCG to suppressed setting, I should be using H2 instead?

Experts, please let me hear your opinions

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you performed a lock back check?

I assume that when you say "H3" buffer, you mean an A5H3 buffer. It's my belief that the A5H3 buffer is too heavy. If you need something heavier than the A5H2 or rifle buffer, it's time to dial back the gas.

Do a lock back check with an A5H2 or A5H1.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Have you performed a lock back check?

I assume that when you say "H3" buffer, you mean an A5H3 buffer. It's my belief that the A5H3 buffer is too heavy. If you need something heavier than the A5H2 or rifle buffer, it's time to dial back the gas.

Do a lock back check with an A5H2 or A5H1.
    Yes, I meant A5H3. The bolt will lock back fine after last round with A5H3 buffer.

Unfortunately I can’t dial back the gas since I don’t have adjustable gas block

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Yes, I meant A5H3. The bolt will lock back fine after last round with A5H3 buffer.

Unfortunately I can’t dial back the gas since I don’t have adjustable gas block

Is this with silencer, without, or both?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Is this with silencer, without, or both?
    The bolt locked back with silencer on, I didn’t test it without silencer but I assume it will lock back as well

Feedback Score
    Agree that it seems like your buffer is too heavy. You can open it up and take one of the weights out, fairly simple to work something out cheaper than buying new buffers.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Same problem with the DD bcg?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How many mags have you tried that have all fed reliably?

What ammo are you shooting?

Have you tried a standard carrier?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

DD mk18 failure to feed?Magazine issue or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    How many mags have you tried that have all fed reliably?

What ammo are you shooting?

Have you tried a standard carrier?
    I only brought out lancer magazine that day. Black ones are old (300-500 rounds) FDE color are brand new. The only problems I have it’s with the new magazines.

The only other bcg I have it’s from KAC which doesn’t fit into this DD upper.

I was running the bootleg bcg in unsurpassed setting, so in a way it’s standard bolt. However I have to say this, when I received the bootleg bcg, the lugs are very rusty, and I have to oil it to smooth the surface out. I did contact bootleg to exchange new bcg due to unable to adjust the “gas port” however, their response has been slow.

I have been shooting primarily Fiocchi 55g ammo in 2018 through various rifle and I have been running this ammo with KAC suppressed, it’s overgassed but no hiccup.

Since the upper it’s pretty new, I’m going to running about 500 more rounds to break it in, will see how it works

Last edited by kukworld; 12-04-18 at 22:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    Same problem with the DD bcg?
    I dont have DD bcg. I purchased as stripped upper from Brownells during Black Friday sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast