Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compensators for the M&P Shield?

Feedback Score

Compensators for the M&P Shield?

Anybody know of any manufacturers that make comps for the shield or plan too? I know Samson and Carver do, but anybody else? Share your experiences with them if you have any.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeetster View Post
    Anybody know of any manufacturers that make comps for the shield or plan too? I know Samson and Carver do, but anybody else? Share your experiences with them if you have any.
    Texas black rifle company makes one that matches up to the shield very well: https://tbrci.com/product/tbrci-mandp-micro-comp/

I've got one on my shield with a silencerco barrel and am very happy. Accuracy is better than factory. Muzzle rise is mitigated nicely with all types of ammo. I'm not sure if it is in my head or a function of the shorter barrel having more pressure left but it seems to do a better job helping with muzzle rise with 147 ammo on the shield than a larger comp does on my g19. That is a very subjective opinion though so your results may vary. My only complaint about the comp is that it uses loc-tite for installation instead of a set screw. Makes cleaning a bit more of a hassle.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    It looks like Samson Mfg also makes a comp (along with mag extensions and a mag well):

https://www.samson-mfg.com/04-06031-01.html

Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 12-04-18 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    It looks like Samson Mfg also makes a comp (along with mag extensions and a mag well):

https://www.samson-mfg.com/04-06031-01.html

Aren't you starting to defeat the purpose of the Shield and the ilk at that point? How does that then compare size wise to say a Glock 19 or VP9?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Aren't you starting to defeat the purpose of the Shield and the ilk at that point? How does that then compare size wise to say a Glock 19 or VP9?
    My thought is that carrying IWB, unless you're carrying AIWB, slide length, within reason, isn't an issue. The thing that always concerned me about comps on carry/duty guns was retention/vest index shooting.

I've seen the results of guys screwing up and triggering a round with their hands over the comp.

A little off topic, but I've also found that a comp on anything semi-stout diverts the recoil in a way I don't like. Obviously a personal preference, but does anyone else have the same experience?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Is a comp on a subcompact pistol going to be MORE or LESS effective than on a full size gun?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I had a comp on a 43 and, from my experience only, I saw a more drastic reduction in recoil with the 43 than, for example, a Glock 19. I don't know if it was a higher pressure at the muzzle due to the shorter barrel, or because the smaller gun would flip more, and thus had more to improve on. When carrying AIWB with the 43, the extra length of the comp actually made the gun easier and more comfortable to carry and conceal, so it was a win-win. Me and a buddy shot a stock 43 and a comped 43 back to back with a variety of different drills and saw some consistent performance gains. I have also used the Sampson comp, although I have it on a sig 226 not the shield. It has worked very well, and I'd imagine it would also perform on the gun it was designed for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I don’t run a comp on anything, but in my opinion not really. Think about where your gun tends to print...the grip right?

It’s why it was upsetting that Glock mixed up the plans on their new pistols. Most folks I know wanted a shorter more concealable grip with a longer sight radius/controllability that the longer slides offer.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    OMG, the tactical comp for a 9MM single stack.

YGTBFSM, funny I watch most of the videos of the tactical Tommys and they are rocking like .5 sec splits with their Rowland Specials.

Yes, the tools can help but f$$k, you gotta have some skill to get anything out of some of this stuff.

But it's a free country.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    I don’t run a comp on anything, but in my opinion not really. Think about where your gun tends to print...the grip right?

It’s why it was upsetting that Glock mixed up the plans on their new pistols. Most folks I know wanted a shorter more concealable grip with a longer sight radius/controllability that the longer slides offer.
    Yeah but the G45 was aimed at LE.

And people wax poetic about 'sight radius / controllability' but I've never seen any practical difference between a G17 / G19 when doing practical drills from concealment.

More mental masturbation IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast