Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Bren 2 MS, USA Version - is here per CZ-USA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    If Swiss Arms/JDI can offer various gas valves for the 55x, so can CZ.
    The 55X series gas valves can be drilled by hand using an automatic center punch, the proper sized & type of drill bit and a hand drill. The key is knowing exactly where to put the hole. I'm not familiar with the CZ because I don't have one, but it's on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Exactly, and you need a fixture/jig to hold it in place, let alone the appropriate tiny drill bits to precisely make the hole the size you want it.

If Swiss Arms/JDI can offer various gas valves for the 55x, so can CZ. It shouldn’t be that hard to test different cans with their rifle. Time consuming yes, but technically feasible. FN should do the same with the stupid gas jet screws.
    I thought FN DID offer different gas jet screws with different aperture sizes?

Feedback Score
    The Bren 2 gas cylinder is nitrided, so it's going to be pretty hard, at least at first. No experience with automatic center punches. Thinking about it, careful work with a dremel grinding tool could make a divot that could then be drilled. Would be tricky to do by hand though.

Feedback Score
    Goodness, don't use a dremel to make a starting point for drilling. An automatic center punch is exactly what you'd need.
    https://youtu.be/XQEppD5vCR0?t=302

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Goodness, don't use a dremel to make a starting point for drilling. An automatic center punch is exactly what you'd need.
    https://youtu.be/XQEppD5vCR0?t=302
    If it works, great. I just don't know how well that would work on a hard rounded surface with a small diameter.

TLDR: If the auto center punch didn't work, I don't see a good way to do it without a drill press.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I thought FN DID offer different gas jet screws with different aperture sizes?
    FN gas jets have been available longer than the spare barrel assemblies have. I was playing with gas jets in 2010 with my cut 16" barrel assembly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Having recently put a can on my Bren 2 11" I would love a spare cylinder with some sort of gas solution. I got smoked out shooting it set to regular/normal gas. It has alot of things I like about it but I'll likely wipe 90 percent of the oil out of it before trying that again. Shooting it unsuppressed it was light and quick. I'm looking for a brace adapter at some point and will look into getting that shim probably from Dan Haga. That wobble is surprising if I'm being nice. Hardly a deal breaker but not what I expected.

Feedback Score
    Wobble???

What can are you using?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anubismp View Post
    Having recently put a can on my Bren 2 11" I would love a spare cylinder with some sort of gas solution. I got smoked out shooting it set to regular/normal gas. It has alot of things I like about it but I'll likely wipe 90 percent of the oil out of it before trying that again. Shooting it unsuppressed it was light and quick. I'm looking for a brace adapter at some point and will look into getting that shim probably from Dan Haga. That wobble is surprising if I'm being nice. Hardly a deal breaker but not what I expected.
    I didn't even notice this until you posted about it. Kind of like the upper and lower wobble. Not important but surprising when you notice it.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yep. Hasn't impacted my shooting but seems like a weird oversight. Definitely not a huge issue.

I have an OPS 12th in .30 on it as I don't have any other rifle cans. I really should pick up a newer can at some point though don't get me wrong, I love that ops.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast