Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bren 2 MS, USA Version - is here per CZ-USA

Feedback Score
    3 MOA and worse with 62gn Gold dot, 55gn American Eagle, FGMM was about 3 moa. MK318 SOST too

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    3 MOA and worse with 62gn Gold dot, 55gn American Eagle, FGMM was about 3 moa. MK318 SOST too
    Yeah, certainly not up to FN standards. That's more in line with what I'd expect from a very average AK-74.

I got my Bren 2 after an experience with a 6+ MOA ARX100 and then an escalating nightmare having to deal with two returns, a $70 "shop fee" charge for the first declined warranty service, lies, and outright verbal abuse from Beretta's warranty decision maker (who is also, apparently, their head of production!), just to get them to take responsibility for the damned thing. The 2.5 MOA or so I'm seeing with my Bren 2s and 55gr ball seems like bliss in comparison.

Thanks for the info. It doesn't reflect well to think that CZ would consider that kind of performance within spec on a rifle that expensive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Yeah, certainly not up to FN standards. That's more in line with what I'd expect from a very average AK-74.

I got my Bren 2 after an experience with a 6+ MOA ARX100 and then an escalating nightmare having to deal with two returns, a $70 "shop fee" charge for the first declined warranty service, lies, and outright verbal abuse from Beretta's warranty decision maker (who is also, apparently, their head of production!), just to get them to take responsibility for the damned thing. The 2.5 MOA or so I'm seeing with my Bren 2s and 55gr ball seems like bliss in comparison.

Thanks for the info. It doesn't reflect well to think that CZ would consider that kind of performance within spec on a rifle that expensive.
    LMAO.. I just got an ARX100 to replace the Bren 2 with. I hope my result isn’t the same as your.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score

Are you getting 2.5 MOA at 100 yards with the Bren 2? Or was that only at 25 yards?

My second ARX is shooting about 8 inch groups at 100 yards so far, which is kind of disappointing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Are you getting 2.5 MOA at 100 yards with the Bren 2? Or was that only at 25 yards?

My second ARX is shooting about 8 inch groups at 100 yards so far, which is kind of disappointing.
    It was at 25 and translated out to 2.5 MOA. Almost exactly, IIRC. I was using 55gr frontier and a 5x scope. So, that would mean a group of about 0.6" at 25 yards.

How does your first ARX shoot? I thought the 6+ MOA ones were rare and I was just unlucky. I've spoken with two other guys who've had that issue. I know there are some out there that hold 3 MOA.

That does cast an interesting light on why that head of production guy was so aggressive and manipulative over the phone. He's the guy responsible for all the ****ed up rifles, had somehow also managed to become the guy who decided whether a product was defective or not, and was using that authority to cover up all the problem rifles! How the hell, in a corporation that size, does the head of production become the head of customer service and warranty review anyway? Talk about a conflict of interest, LOL.

LMAO.. I just got an ARX100 to replace the Bren 2 with. I hope my result isn’t the same as your.
    Uh oh. The best I'm hearing with those is 3 MOA with match ammo man. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    It was at 25 and translated out to 2.5 MOA. Almost exactly, IIRC. I was using 55gr frontier and a 5x scope. So, that would mean a group of about 0.6" at 25 yards.

How does your first ARX shoot? I thought the 6+ MOA ones were rare and I was just unlucky. I've spoken with two other guys who've had that issue. I know there are some out there that hold 3 MOA.
    I never have shot my first ARX for groups... It's been sitting in the safe for about a year now without a muzzle device, waiting on me to decide which flash suppressor I want to go with.

My first one was from the first batch in 2014, and my second one is from 2018. I also just bought a third one from Buds Gun Shop, but I'm not sure when it was made yet.

I actually smoked the ARX in the accuracy department with my brothers home built M16A1 that has a Brownells/Ballistic Advantage 20" 1/7 A1 barrel and iron sights. I got 3 1/2 inches at 100 yards using the same SS109 reloads. I couldn't even clearly see the target with iron sights at 100 yards, but somehow it beat the ARX which is equipped with an ACOG TA31H-G... All 10 shot groups by the way, I don't consider anything less than that an accurate assessment of a rifle's accuracy. I think a lot of people are just firing a few three to five shot groups and cherry picking the best one.

I did try some Hornady 75gr. 8126N and it didn't do as good as IMI M855. I'm planning to try some Black Hills 77gr. on the next range session, but that might not be until next year.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 11-07-19 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    All 10 shot groups by the way, I don't consider anything less than that an accurate assessment of a rifle's accuracy. I think a lot of people are just firing a few three to five shot groups and cherry picking the best one.
    I couldn't agree more.

I'm planning to try some Black Hills 77gr. on the next range session, but that might not be until next year
    I used to shoot twice a week when I was single, three times every other week counting competitions. The past five years, I'm lucky if I get out twice a year. We're turning into collectors, lol. I'm looking forward to things finally settling down.
    Last edited by Aries144; 11-07-19 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    I used to shoot twice a week when I was single, three times every other week counting competitions. The past five years, I'm lucky if I get out twice a year. We're turning into collectors, lol. I'm looking forward to things finally settling down.
    Lol, for me it seems like every time I finally have the time to go shoot, I may or may not have the energy... Always too much crap that needs to be done that doesn't leave any time for the fun stuff. I've collected a lot of parts over the years to do various AR builds, but I just never have the time to get to it.

I'm only 36 though, and I don't have a girlfriend taking up all my time so I must be doing something wrong.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 11-07-19 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    Lol, for me it seems like every time I finally have the time to go shoot, I may or may not have the energy... Always too much crap that needs to be done that doesn't leave any time for the fun stuff. I've collected a lot of parts over the years to do various AR builds, but I just never have the time to get to it.

I'm only 36 though, and I don't have a girlfriend taking up all my time so I must be doing something wrong.
    Haha, yeah life gets busy. I'm ready to get out and get back in practice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive got a Bren 2 on order and I'm looking over brace options. Does anyone know of a telescoping brace like the scorpion or APC mechanisms for the Bren 2s? I've seen the folding stuff but i'd like a really small storage option.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast