Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bren 2 MS, USA Version - is here per CZ-USA

Feedback Score

Bren 2 MS, USA Version - is here per CZ-USA

CZ-USA says the civilian Bren 2 is here now. It is called Bren 2 MS.
    Not more info yet - different fore end and ???
    Wonder if they will be at the distributors and dealers in time for Christmas? No price points or quantities are mentioned.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7qGa9hko6/

Feedback Score
    I would love to play with a 7.62x39 version. It’s a winner if the gas system is adjustable for suppressed use. AK mags would be awesome but I can live with proprietary mags. I’m also interested in the 5.56 NATO version. I already have a SCAR 17, but I want a short-stroke 5.56 NATO rifle in my collection.

Feedback Score
    I have a full sized 805 Bren, so I'm in for a pistol of this new version if I can convert it to an SBR.

Feedback Score
    Yes, curious to see how this will roll out - lots of possibilities but not much info yet.
    Here is a European link with more pictures of the Bren 2 MS -
    https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/semi...bren-2-ms.html

Have not found a distributor or dealer that lists them yet - curious about price point!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Type5 View Post
    Yes, curious to see how this will roll out - lots of possibilities but not much info yet.
    Here is a European link with more pictures of the Bren 2 MS -
    https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/semi...bren-2-ms.html

Have not found a distributor or dealer that lists them yet - curious about price point!
    Lipsey’s and RSR distributors have then posted but out of stock. They will be here soon I think.00ACF22D-2766-4047-8269-8ACB1CED026F.jpg
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I would love to play with a 7.62x39 version. It’s a winner if the gas system is adjustable for suppressed use. AK mags would be awesome but I can live with proprietary mags. I’m also interested in the 5.56 NATO version. I already have a SCAR 17, but I want a short-stroke 5.56 NATO rifle in my collection.
    The gas regulator is three position: Normal, Adverse, and Off. The Off setting simply lacks a hole and blocks gas from meeting the piston. It wouldn't be too difficult to turn the Off setting into a Suppressed setting by drilling a small hole and gradually enlarging it while testing for function. CZ seems to be pretty good about selling spare parts as well, so a spare gas regulator for experimentation doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I'd be interested if it took AK mags. If not, then I've owned enough proprietary mag guns that I'd avoid going that route again.

Feedback Score
    It does not take traditional rock in magazines. With the Bren 2 the magazine well can be modified by either removing or adding an insert. Takes standard AR type mags for 5.56 and CZ 7.62x39 mags that push in. Should also work with 7.62x39 mags that work with an AR if the mag well insert is used.
    But no, it does not take “AK” mags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Type5 View Post
    It does not take traditional rock in magazines. With the Bren 2 the magazine well can be modified by either removing or adding an insert. Takes standard AR type mags for 5.56 and CZ 7.62x39 mags that push in. Should also work with 7.62x39 mags that work with an AR if the mag well insert is used.
    But no, it does not take “AK” mags.
    It is possible to permanently modify magpul AK magazines to work with the 7.62x39 version. There's a video on youtube showing a way to do this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anything to update either caliber?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast