Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bren 2 MS, USA Version - is here per CZ-USA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anubismp View Post
    Ive got a Bren 2 on order and I'm looking over brace options. Does anyone know of a telescoping brace like the scorpion or APC mechanisms for the Bren 2s? I've seen the folding stuff but i'd like a really small storage option.
    Where have you found a folding brace for the Bren 2? I’ve seen them for the Bren 805 but not the Bren 2. I haven’t decided yet whether to SBR mine or not... haven’t actually fired it yet... at the moment I’m not looking forward to going down the rabbit hole of SBRing and finding US Parts for another Euro Rifle. I’m assuming Custom Smith MFG will turn up something sooner or later. But haven’t seen any available yet. I don’t like the appearance of Reciever extensions hanging off if euro guns either.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The more I read on the Bren 2, the happier I am to have an 805 S-1.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I’m really hopeful that the Bren 2 w/ 9” 7.62x39 barrel turns out to be a solid performer. Something that could drop pigs and also get tossed in a backpack in the truck (and cost $0.23/round). Hopefully the wobbly back plate gets fixed, and/or some good aftermarket folding braces become available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
    Where have you found a folding brace for the Bren 2? I’ve seen them for the Bren 805 but not the Bren 2. I haven’t decided yet whether to SBR mine or not... haven’t actually fired it yet... at the moment I’m not looking forward to going down the rabbit hole of SBRing and finding US Parts for another Euro Rifle. I’m assuming Custom Smith MFG will turn up something sooner or later. But haven’t seen any available yet. I don’t like the appearance of Reciever extensions hanging off if euro guns either.
    There's an Acr adapter on Dan hagas site. That plus the acr brace should make for a nice stout folding brace option. Im betting the usual suspects will be along with stuff shortly.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I saw Dan Hagas stuff. It looks good, but the price to make all that happen: ouch. You're talking $500+ to get that.

I'm still hoping someone makes an adapter to allow the Bren 2 factory folding stock with a Tailhook brace.

Feedback Score
    I saw the ACR adapter. But I’m not very enthusiastic about an ACR stock for that gun. And even less enthusiastic about an acr brace... I might just hold off a bit longer and see what CZ can turn out for US parts and a stock. Or see if someone turns out a decent brace. I’m not in a huge hurry. And have enough other projects to keep me distracted.

ETA: I actually have the acr stock on my 805 and it fits the rifle well. Also makes optic mounts easier since I don’t have to find a super low mount... but... I’m also inclined to put the original back. I ended up with an aimpoint and may just find a low mount and go back to the original.
    Last edited by wolffie; 11-17-19 at 22:21.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the cz stock arm/ brace on my scorpion and its a fantastic setup. If they could do the same thing for the Bren I'd be very happy though I do still want a telescoping brace.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anubismp View Post
    I have the cz stock arm/ brace on my scorpion and its a fantastic setup. If they could do the same thing for the Bren I'd be very happy though I do still want a telescoping brace.
    That's exactly what I want. Design a brace adapter to replace the buttstock half of the factory stock and I'm happy.

Feedback Score
    Picked up a Bren 2Ms about a month ago (14" bbl 5.56), put a SB folding adapter and SB3 on it. Works great. Mine had a lot of wobble, but the right size washer between the sling plate and receiver eliminated most of the play. Dan Haga sells a kit for $10 if you don't want to scrounge up the hardware yourself.
    As far as shooting, trigger is nice, the thing is smooth shooting. Using the stock iron sights @ 50yds, my first 10 rounds landed in about 1.5" using cheap steel case 55gr hollow points. No sign of vertical stringing like my X95. Interested to see what it does with better ammo and optics. Front sight post is pretty wide for any kind of precision.
    Did I mention it's smooth shooting?

Oh, if you want to go the SBR route, CZ is supposed to be releasing the carbine stocks for sale soon.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba FAL View Post
    Picked up a Bren 2Ms about a month ago (14" bbl 5.56), put a SB folding adapter and SB3 on it. Works great. Mine had a lot of wobble, but the right size washer between the sling plate and receiver eliminated most of the play. Dan Haga sells a kit for $10 if you don't want to scrounge up the hardware yourself.
    As far as shooting, trigger is nice, the thing is smooth shooting. Using the stock iron sights @ 50yds, my first 10 rounds landed in about 1.5" using cheap steel case 55gr hollow points. No sign of vertical stringing like my X95. Interested to see what it does with better ammo and optics. Front sight post is pretty wide for any kind of precision.
    Did I mention it's smooth shooting?

Oh, if you want to go the SBR route, CZ is supposed to be releasing the carbine stocks for sale soon.
    "soon" is relative...my LEO rep is telling me Q2 but he also told me Q1 for Bren 2's like two years ago...soooooooo....

I'm trying not to be too much of a negative nelly lol.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast