Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Bren 2 MS, USA Version - is here per CZ-USA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'd like to know what their definition of "run fine" is. Overgassed rifles that launch spent cases in to orbit and blow back a ton of gas to your face run fine. However, that's not ideal.
    It is a piston gun. So gas in the face will likely be the result of gas through the chamber. Not the gas system itself. I like the idea of a smaller port/suppressor setting to calm down the action. That said, I haven’t fired my 11” pistol. Nor have I even put a qd Mount on it... so I can’t speak as to how the suppressor affects the cycling.

It would probably be possible to modify the gas plug to get what you want.
    Last edited by wolffie; 03-15-20 at 23:57.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Guy at my indoor range last month let me shoot his 8" 5.56 Bren 2 with a sandman (I believe) 7.62 can. I was pretty impressed how little gas to face I had. Compared to my Tavor pre-gasket it was pleasant. It's still there, but not close to unbearable. I think 8" 556 is worthless though
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    It does have an adjustable gas block yes. However my understanding is that it is not for suppressor use.
    Until they include a gas valve with a suppressor setting, I am not interested. For $1700, it should include one. Should be simple enough for their custom shop to give us options.

Feedback Score
    I would love a suppressor setting. But not a deal breaker and CZ is receptive enough with the custom shop that something is bound to come along. My AUG, Bren 805, don’t have suppressor settings... and are enjoyable to shoot suppressed. And I’m glad to have them. The CZ is desirable as as a new factory European Gun that’s actually obtainable. I missed the 80’s and early 90’s of plentiful factory built European military clones... I feel like we’re in a second golden age of gun collecting. A 16” Bren 2 is definitely on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Until they include a gas valve with a suppressor setting, I am not interested. For $1700, it should include one. Should be simple enough for their custom shop to give us options.
    That's a pretty hard line statement, particularly when the solution exists. As I explained in my previous post, CZ leaves the third position blank so you can tune to your specific can and load. But, hey, you do you, your loss if you can't drill a hole.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba FAL View Post
    That's a pretty hard line statement, particularly when the solution exists. As I explained in my previous post, CZ leaves the third position blank so you can tune to your specific can and load. But, hey, you do you, your loss if you can't drill a hole.
    Most of us do not own drill presses. Again, CZ Custom shop should offer some simple gas valve options. When you call customer service, they act clueless about running a suppressor. Of course, this is no better or worse than FN, whose reps have told me on multiple occasions “we do not support the use of suppressors on the SCAR”.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It may be CYA for companies like CZ, FN, and even B&T. If you have issues with your gun or something breaks, one of the first things they ask is if you were using a suppressor. They’re going to do their best to shift blame to the suppressor, the ammo, and the user. They probably don’t want to have to deal with the added headache when according to them, the guns run fine on a standard gas setting. I can’t say I blame them.

If you drill your own port and have to send the gun back for warranty work, expect that to be an issue and depending on the severity of the damage, your claim might totally be denied.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Most of us do not own drill presses.
    What's the depth that you'd have to drill? I don't imagine it would be deep enough for the accuracy between a drill press and hand drill to matter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    What's the depth that you'd have to drill? I don't imagine it would be deep enough for the accuracy between a drill press and hand drill to matter.
    There's a guy over at the CZ forum who just did this. The metal is quite hard, and the surface is rounded. Probably need a drill press with an end mill bit to start to make a flat spot for drilling. I don't think I'd want to attempt it with a hand drill.

It wouldn't be hard to take the rifle to a gunsmith and ask them to do it though. Probably 2-3 hours shop time max.

I'm still going to wait until there are replacement parts, just in case there are issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    There's a guy over at the CZ forum who just did this. The metal is quite hard, and the surface is rounded. Probably need a drill press with an end mill bit to start to make a flat spot for drilling. I don't think I'd want to attempt it with a hand drill.

It wouldn't be hard to take the rifle to a gunsmith and ask them to do it though. Probably 2-3 hours shop time max.

I'm still going to wait until there are replacement parts, just in case there are issues.
    Exactly, and you need a fixture/jig to hold it in place, let alone the appropriate tiny drill bits to precisely make the hole the size you want it.

If Swiss Arms/JDI can offer various gas valves for the 55x, so can CZ. It shouldn’t be that hard to test different cans with their rifle. Time consuming yes, but technically feasible. FN should do the same with the stupid gas jet screws.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast