Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The "Best" All-Around Optic for your AR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I really enjoyed what you've posted here, great info & I own Vortex products & will continue to do so.
    However...China..for over 50 years of my life I seen them grow from a 3rd world country that made rubber gorilla's & other cheap gaudy gift shop crap..to the behemoth they are now..ALL THE WHILE HATING AMERICA & committing un-Godly acts of barbarism against its own people & enemies. They..TODAY..still kidnap & murder Christian people.
    CHINA is another ballpark. YES, I Go OUT OF MY WAY & EXPENSE TO BUY AMERCAN. But Ill gladly take almost anything from most other places as long as its quality..BUT NOT CHINA. They are an enemy of America..and Ill not knowingly contribute to that. How ANYBODY could is beyond me, but Im sure they'll be some along to tell me how THEY can.
    Entirely valid concern and we won't call you wrong for your personal opinion by any means - how you choose to spend your money is up to you and that's the beauty of it. We will say, though, that just because a product is made in China, doesn't necessarily mean its being sold be a Chinese company. Vortex is an American company with American values and a dedication to our country, its people, our military, law enforcement, etc. Say, for instance, we decided to cut out everything in our line that's made in China and even the Philippines and try to make as much of those things in Japan or the USA as possible. For the folks who feel this strongly about staying away from anything made in China due to the fact that they very well may be an enemy of the U.S. or have done terrible things to U.S. people in the past, this would seem like a great move. Now look at the long run - certainly everything in the Vortex line will jump enormously in price - we're not even just talking a couple hundred bucks here - we're talking a tremendous deasl more expensive. If you feel very strongly about these issues, then you'll likely think it's well worth it and decide to purchase those items. For those of you who feel this way, we would direct your attention to the already-existing Razor and AMG lines which are excellent, but are sold in much lower volume due to their higher prices. That said, the majority of consumers likely wouldn't have the budget to afford these optics and would take their money elsewhere. If we didn't just go out of business or have to lay off about 200+ full time US employees from our local area in Wisconsin because of all that, the very least that would happen is we would have significantly less resources to work with as far as making new hires, expanding operations and developing new and exciting products. Right now, we even have a dedicated team of engineers working on technologies that will have an astronomical impact on our military and our soldier's fighting power. (Can't say anything about it of course, but trust us when we say it's a big deal) Think most of the resources we've been able to devote to this type of research and design have come from the low volume Japanese and USA-made optics? Nope. It's Crossfire's, Diamondbacks and other products that we're able to bring to consumers at a great price with excellent quality that keep the lights on here and help us buy new CNC machines, new testing equipment, hire more USA employees full time, etc. So what we're saying is - you really are buying from an American company - which can't be said for all optics companies. Would we be absolutely elated if we were able to bring the same products for the same prices to all our customers and everything were made in USA or at least Japan? Absolutely! But we need to be realistic and know that just isn't possible. Like we said - if you place an extremely high value on buying American or simply not anything physically constructed in China, then check out our Razor or AMG line - we have those things for you. (Which, by the way, we can only afford to sell in relatively low volumes due to the fact that we also sell significantly more Crossfires, Diamondbacks, Rangefinders, etc.)

Let us know if you have any questions at all - we're not here to hide anything from you (Aside from what that special group inside Vortex is working on) Again, we just feel the importance should be placed on the product, it's value and performance and the company behind it.

Feedback Score
    This has been a great thread!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718