Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W .380 EZ

Feedback Score

Question S&W .380 EZ

Are there any S&W .380 EZ owners here? I am getting one for my wife for Christmas. We rented one at our local gun range and she really likes it A LOT! From what I have read about them, any of them built after April 2018 have all of the bugs worked out of them. Opinions please?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Should be bug free. There was an issue with the manual safety flipping to "safe" during recoil, but that was solved a while ago, plus a recall is in effect for affected pistols. Bought one for my wife around 6 months ago, no issues; reliable, accurate, and she likes it!

Mark

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My sister has one, and she absolutely loves it. I got to play with it a coulple of months ago, and while I expected to hate it, I was pleasantly surprised. The aspect I was most impressed with was its accuracy.

If your wife likes it as much as you say, this sounds like a no-brainer.

Feedback Score
    I picked up one used six months ago, only issue was occasional stove pipes due to weak springs in the mags.

Bought a few new mags, much stronger springs, still easy to load but no issues. Sent the old mags back to S&W and they sent brand new replacement mags.

I gotta admit, I like it. It’s fun to shoot, has a nice trigger and it’s accurate. Already have a 9mm & 45 Shield so I thought my wife would be trading this in after a few range trips, but it may just stay.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think this is a great purpose built weapon for people with strength / recoil issues.

A modern take on the Beretta 86, if you will. Not a gunfighters gun, but a significant niche' market as gun owners get older, a viable option. Far better than a mousegun you can't hit $hit with or a 22LR pistol.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think this is a great purpose built weapon for people with strength / recoil issues.

A modern take on the Beretta 86, if you will. Not a gunfighters gun, but a significant niche' market as gun owners get older, a viable option. Far better than a mousegun you can't hit $hit with or a 22LR pistol.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What do you want to know? I have one of the first ones, it's been great, no problems. Phenomenally easy to handle and shoot well.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I understand we should not judge guns on looks, but it seems to me that the proportions are all off on this one.

I guess folks are better off with a "large for caliber" .380 pistol that they can operate with confidence than one the size of the difficult to load and rack LCP.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-11-18 at 07:24.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've thought about getting one just for fun. Other than Bersa, I'm no aware of anyone making a larger .380 (Beretta 84 still made?). Still love my dad's old BDA .380 - it's fun to shoot.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I've thought about getting one just for fun. Other than Bersa, I'm no aware of anyone making a larger .380 (Beretta 84 still made?). Still love my dad's old BDA .380 - it's fun to shoot.
    As far as I know, CZ still sells the CZ-83 in 380. I have two CZ-82s in 9mm Makarov, and the are pretty decent. Great double action triggers.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast