Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun insurance......opinions?

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Okay, I decided to go with Collectibles Insurance. I read the policy and it states that they won't pay if another insurance has paid already (i.e. it's already been paid for by another policy).

Couple of questions, if any of you know the answers please chime in:

1) Let's say I had $35K between the NRA's basic benefit, my homeowners policy, and Collectibles (total of $35K between the 3 of them). Would homeowners pay the first $4K, NRA the next $5K, and Collectibles the next $26K to reach my total of $35K?

2) What is the percent of depreciation applied? Like if I had a weapon I paid, all told, $2000 for. Cost includes rifle with rail/trigger/BCG/Aimpoint T-2/whatever. What could I reasonably expect to recoup? 1800, 1500, 1200, what? Collectibles Insurance covers optics and ammo too, FWIW. Essentially what percent is "market value"? Obviously ballpark your answer.

3) How would they estimate market value on a Franken-AR, but built with top-notch components? The lower would be the only brand name involved with the serial number, the rest would be an XXX upper, Geissele trigger, LMT EBCG, Colt SOCOM barrel, etc. How do they calculate the reimbursement of a non-factory build?
    I use Collectables also, and from what I understand is in a total loss they would pay the amount you insured, there is no depreciation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I use Collectables also, and from what I understand is in a total loss they would pay the amount you insured, there is no depreciation.

The way I calculated how much insurance to buy was to basically inventory everything (guns, ammo, mags, optics) and add up what they cost me to buy. Then figured what my NRA and homeowners would cover, and used Collectibles for the remainder (obviously the largest chunk). If there is no depreciation that would be awesome, but I'll need to call them to confirm.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123