Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G35 Is It Just As Good?

Feedback Score

G35 Is It Just As Good?

Gentlemen,
    My question to you is, do you think a G35 with its 5.02 in barrel firing a 165 or 180gr bullet come close "Mimic"
    a 185 or 230gr 45acp? I realize that it does not have the bullet mass, but I understand that it has more momentum and or energy it target or comes close to. So, again is it just as good?
    "Its The Skill Set Of The Person Behind The Weapon"

Feedback Score
    Just as good as for what?
    Momentum and energy are 2 different things.

Feedback Score
    Basically what I am trying to find out is. We all know that a 45acp has a good rep for its stopping capability. So would a 40 coming out of a 5in bbl be just as good?
    "Its The Skill Set Of The Person Behind The Weapon"

Feedback Score
    Pistol calibers have a poor reputation for "stopping capability". Basically they are all "just as good as", depending on intended use. If its reliable and accurate out of you gun, rock on!

Feedback Score
    Why ask a question when you can run some numbers. Here is one way to compare different loads...the TKO method. Read the entire article to best understand application and relevance:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...uct_list&c=173

Run the numbers...you’ll see the two loads you mention aren’t that different.

Furthermore, variables such as bullet construction play a huge role. FMJ FN rounds versus JHP’s, etc.

So what exactly are you trying to figure out?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Get hits where they need to be. The bullet caliber doesn’t matter.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Among service calibers with modern bullets designed to meet FBI testing, there is too little terminal performance gain to offset the lower capacity and higher recoil of the larger calibers. The FBI went with 9mm for this reason.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Just can't take any thread starting with "just as good" seriously.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theron D Patron View Post
    Gentlemen,
    My question to you is, do you think a G35 with its 5.02 in barrel firing a 165 or 180gr bullet come close "Mimic"
    a 185 or 230gr 45acp? I realize that it does not have the bullet mass, but I understand that it has more momentum and or energy it target or comes close to. So, again is it just as good?
    No, thats not how terminal ballistics work, esp with low velocity projectiles like pistol cartridges. Throwing a 40. cal faster you will still never equal a .45 cal HP expanded diameter nor will you ever throw a .40 cal fast enough out of a pistol to generate a meaning full temporary stretch cavity.

Feedback Score
    "there is no appreciable difference in the effectiveness of the 9mm and the 45 ACP cartridges".

"40 S&W... Is ballistically similar to the 45 ACP".

"45 ACP is no more effective than the 9mm Luger cartridge".

-Dr Vincent Di Maio

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Di_Maio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast