• 14.5"

50 53.19%
  • Other

20 21.28%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.5" or 14.5" SR-15? First AR

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ok, sure. But now you're assuming that AW2 will allow transfers of grandfathered AWs. Recent history doesn't support that assumption quite as well. And what if "grandfathering" comes at the cost of registration? Point is, there's no way to know and going into debt trying to game some value increase on some future AWB is silly.

Look, don't get me wrong...KAC is great gear. If one wants KAC and can afford it, knock yourself out. Do me one favor, though. Set aside enough money to buy a shitload of ammo and go shoot the piss out of it. If it goes in the crusher at some point in the future at least you'll have enjoyed it.
    Last edited by kerplode; 12-11-18 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Ok, sure. But now you're assuming that AW2 will allow transfers of grandfathered AWs. Recent history doesn't support that assumption quite as well.
    We never have had a gun ban where previously transferable guns became non transferable.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    We never have had a gun ban where previously transferable guns became non transferable.
    I can't transfer my "high-cap" mags...

We'll see what I'll be able to transfer this time next year.

As they say in finance...Past performance does not guarantee future results.
    Last edited by kerplode; 12-11-18 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I can't transfer my "high-cap" mags...

We'll see what I'll be able to transfer this time next year.

As they say in finance...Past performance does not guarantee future returns.

What I said was we never had a gun ban at the federal level which prevented transferring of already existing transferable guns.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Past performance does not guarantee future results.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Past performance does not guarantee future results.

Past legal precedence has weight in court.

Feedback Score
    Thanks all! It seems like this thread has taken a life of its own.

Unfortunately, it's too late in buying a prebuilt rifle. I've already ordered myself a KAC SR-15 lower receiver.

That said, I'm not really aware of the federal AWB not allowing rifles "built" to not be grandfathered in. I don't know how you would even be able to tell what was built from upper/lower receivers at home and out of the factory especially if both components are from the same manufacturer. I'm more concerned with a state level AWB here in Washington—last session they introduced it. It had a grandfathering clause and prevented transfers unless it was to someone out of state or to the police for destruction. This year, they plan in introducing a "high-capacity" magazine ban and an AWB. Not sure if they'll have time to do both with our short session but lots of Democrats wanting to run for governor/president wanting to prove themselves. Anyways...

As for optics, I'm considering getting a scalarworks mount with an Aimpoint T2 or something else. Still TBD. Like I said before, planning on a general purpose rifle to train with, defend myself, shtf, and to just shoot the hell out of for as long as I can

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post

If you can afford to put quality optics, lights etc on it... Buy the KAC, the only people on here advocating you don’t buy a KAC are people who don’t own one and never will because they’re poor.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not quite. I think you should reread the OPs first posts. HE stated that HE was working on a budget. Buying a KAC and not having enough cash left over to buy a sling, optic, ammo, etc is a poor choice.

I’m sure there are plenty people who can afford a KAC but chose to spend the money in other ways. Are you implying the OP will get twice 2.5x the reliability, accuracy, or what ever for the extra cash? Is it worth going without an optic and ammo to do so?

As for AWB2, hopefully SCOTUS will weigh in finally....but that should be another thread.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah, sorry about the derail... :-)

You're definitely on the path towards a really nice rifle...Enjoy the hell out of it!

Feedback Score
    14.5" in 5.56, or 11.5" in . 300 blk.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast