Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buttstock for balanced Noveske 14..5”

Feedback Score

Buttstock for balanced Noveske 14..5”

I’ve ordered GFY-15 builders kit to go with my Noveske 14.5”. I plan to put a SureFire brake and a carbine buffer tube with a Super 42 buffer spring kit. I want this rifle as balanced as possible, any suggestions on a buttstock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What's your definition of balanced? If you provide a balance point, we may be able to assist....otherwise, we're just gonna suggest what we like.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktop View Post
    I’ve ordered GFY-15 builders kit to go with my Noveske 14.5”. I plan to put a SureFire brake and a carbine buffer tube with a Super 42 buffer spring kit. I want this rifle as balanced as possible, any suggestions on a buttstock?

So I would upgrade to a ubr gen 2 and rock a vltor a5 buffer system. It will put the weight in the back and smooth out your shot with the vltor system even more than the super 42 and sf mb combo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    What's your definition of balanced? If you provide a balance point, we may be able to assist....otherwise, we're just gonna suggest what we like.
    Not trying to over complicate it, just don’t want it too front or rear heavy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    So I would upgrade to a ubr gen 2 and rock a vltor a5 buffer system. It will put the weight in the back and smooth out your shot with the vltor system even more than the super 42 and sf mb combo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Didn’t know you could run a A5 in a UBR. I already run a A5 and I like it but this time I plan to run a carbine buffer with an adjustable gas block.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Didn’t know you could run a A5 in a UBR. I already run a A5 and I like it but this time I plan to run a carbine buffer with an adjustable gas block.

The Gen 2 UBR uses a rifle length tube, an internal spacer is used to allow for carbine length buffer use.

https://www.magpul.com/products/ubr-...lapsible-stock
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The UBR Gen 1 will not, however the UBR Gen 2 will support the A5 system. Is also a bit lighter and cheaper and has QD slots where the first one should have.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Do you plan on using a suppressor? If so, I find that my UBR 2 balances nicely with a 14.5" barrel (Colt SOCCOM), Magpul SL handguard and mini suppressor (Saker 556k). Without the can, this setup feels rear heavy. If no suppressor, lightweight carbine stocks such as Magpul SL and BCM Gunfighter feel fine to me.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Not trying to over complicate it, just don’t want it too front or rear heavy.

Not trying to over simplify it but only you can decide what you want. Stocks weigh from 4 oz up to a couple of pounds. If you really don't know what you want get and old M4 stock and add weight until it feels right. Weigh and replace with a sock of similar weight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    The Gen 2 UBR uses a rifle length tube, an internal spacer is used to allow for carbine length buffer use.

https://www.magpul.com/products/ubr-...lapsible-stock
    The Gen II UBR uses an A5 RE
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast