Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chalk up another win for LMT...

Feedback Score
    Crap. I just know I'm going to end up with a MARS-L lower by the end of the Holidays. And if I'm going to get one, I might as well get a couple- since they operate differently than my other lowers. So I need one for my gamer gun, one for my GTG gun, and then I might as well get my kid running them too. So that's four, easy. I've been wanting to go full ambi and while I like the BAD lever, people say BAD things about them.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Crap. I just know I'm going to end up with a MARS-L lower by the end of the Holidays. And if I'm going to get one, I might as well get a couple- since they operate differently than my other lowers. So I need one for my gamer gun, one for my GTG gun, and then I might as well get my kid running them too. So that's four, easy. I've been wanting to go full ambi and while I like the BAD lever, people say BAD things about them.
    Let me know if you find any in stock.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I have never run up in LMT anything that was anything but awesome. I take smug pride in getting my LMT lower before they were mainstream.
    I have but its rare. Like 9 years ago I got a bad 10.5 inch barrel(complete upper) from them. Customer service wasn't great but wasn't bad either. Had to play tag with the one person that dealt with it. Still they had the upper less than a week, tested it, replaced the barrel, retested it and sent it back. Ended up shooting the living hell out of that gun. I will say I bought a 14.5 inch lmt m4 upper earlier this year and the fsb is more canted than I feel it should have been. It works so it isn't a big deal.

Honestly my biggest problem with LMT is that they seemed to have disappeared from commercial sales for a while. It used to be far easier to find their lowers and uppers. Over the years I've ended up with more bcm gear because it was available because of that. Starting to see more of it again which is a good thing. I do wish LMT did a little more for the commercial market too. I remember a few years ago they showed off a 20 inch a4 gun at one of the shot shows. Apparently it was a contract overrun gun that the reps claimed they didn't even know why it was there. At the time BCM was really the only company making a "mil-spec" style upper for commercial sales. I really wish they had brought that upper or even entire gun to the market as I would have bought one. It also would have been nice to see 16 inch middy standard uppers.

It's nice to see them picking up more contracts though, when I first got into shooting ar's they were one of the only makers on the market that were building guns built to be run hard vs the commercial guns on the market. I hope they continue to make great guns.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    They come in and out of stock almost daily. Don't blink

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...fle-with-m-lok
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Do I have six lowers or only three?" Well to tell you the truth in all this buying frenzy I kinda lost track myself. But being these are LMT MARS-L lowers, the most ambi lower in the world and would blow your Christmas budget clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel cash rich?" Well, do ya, punk?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good on LMT, first the UK's MoD contract now this.

I read somewhere that A.R.M.S. Inc. does quit a bit of business overseas as the US consumer market hasn't been hot for their kit since before Magpul came on the scene. Use to be their S.I.R. was the de rigueur RIS as was their #40 BUIS.

Seems US firms that don't dominate the market here have their ear to ground over there.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I have never run up in LMT anything that was anything but awesome. I take smug pride in getting my LMT lower before they were mainstream.
    When I joined M4C the general consensus was either get an LMT or Colt. At the time the Colts were $1200-1300 and I was able to get a used LMT for about $1000. So my first AR was an LMT. Take that Firefly!

It was a great first carbine but when the mid-lengths hit I decided to run down that path with BCMs. LMT and Colt didn't jump on the middies until way later so I never gave them another look. And when I did start with SBRs (and had more money) I went to Noveske.

The MRP barrel change thing never appealed to me as I had a few lowers and didn't need a quick change barrel system. I'll check out the MARS rifles but am leaning towards pairing down and getting a KAC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    The MRP barrel change thing never appealed to me as I had a few lowers and didn't need a quick change barrel system. I'll check out the MARS rifles but am leaning towards pairing down and getting a KAC.
    I kinda like the barrel change. Not that I would be swapping barrels constantly, and the whole quick change thing is overrated; it's easier and quicker to just swap out uppers, and you don't have to re-zero your optics and sights. But I think it's a nice step forward in making barrel changes easier when it comes time to replace a worn one.

The CQBPS is probably one of the only piston systems (along with the 416 and PWS) that seems to be worth a damn, as well. If I ever were to do a piston, that would probably be my choice. I'm not a huge fan of monolithic rails. I understand the logic behind them, but I like being able to swap out my handguard if I find a better one, or if it gets damaged. I'd get a massive erection if LMT created the same system in the MRP but without the monolithic rail.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    On an AR15, the barrel change is less of a 'need' to me. Just get another upper. I do like it on my MWS. 308 stuff is more expensive and having a 18 inch SS and a 16 inch CL is a nice way to blast away with blaster ammo (not that there is that much 308 blaster anymore) and have a good barrel for precision work.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The barrel change, to me anyways, is an ancillary gimmick to the meat and potatoes of a legit monolithic rail.

Honestly, slap a 16 or 14.5 on it and call it good

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast