Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: France orders more SIG SP2022's

Feedback Score
    With the P320, P365, and others in the forefront, the SP2022 almost seems like a footnote in SIG's lineup. Was it ever that popular in the US?

Feedback Score
    The SigPro, in the .40 version, had some popularity in Maryland law enforcement back in the day. Granted, the neighboring department to mine adopted the 2340 and then almost immediately transitioned to the 229. The SigPro isn't a bad pistol (at least when we looked at them), but it wasn't a 226. It seemed to have sharper edges, you could easily catch the meat of your hand on a reload, and I subjectively recall its bore axis being higher than the 226. As I recall, Gaithersburg, Baltimore County PD and SO, the University of Maryland, and Ocean City all had SigPro pistols. Gaithersburg now has Glocks and Baltimore County is abandoning the FNS for Glocks. I'm not sure about the other agencies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    With the P320, P365, and others in the forefront, the SP2022 almost seems like a footnote in SIG's lineup. Was it ever that popular in the US?
    No, and that’s a shame. The SP2022 is one of the better modern Sigs.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Everyone loves hating on SIG, but the SP2022 has been and remains a great polymer DA/SA pistol.

Very smooth trigger pulls (unlike DA/SA HKs) and modular grips before it was cool.

SIG tried to discontinue them for awhile but the demand is still there, especially in Europe.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought my first SP2022 in 2011, and another in 2014. I paid $399 and $349 for them. I think the low price is what caused people to dismiss or overlook them. At that price point, pistols have a stigma. Sigma, Taurus, P250, etc. The triggers are very smooth outta the box, and only get better with time. Mags are basically HK mag prices, and holster selection could be better, but my favorite holster maker JM Custom Kydex offers them. I'm wearing one AIWB right now.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I bought my first SP2022 in 2011, and another in 2014. I paid $399 and $349 for them. I think the low price is what caused people to dismiss or overlook them. At that price point, pistols have a stigma. Sigma, Taurus, P250, etc. The triggers are very smooth outta the box, and only get better with time. Mags are basically HK mag prices, and holster selection could be better, but my favorite holster maker JM Custom Kydex offers them. I'm wearing one AIWB right now.
    When the original SIG PRO was introduced they had a street price about $550. People complained they were too close in price to the standard P series. The SP2022 with its standard 1913ish rail sells for less than the SIG PRO did when introduced due to economies of scale, paid off tooling and SIG simply getting efficient at building them after cranking out over half a million of them for various non-US LE contracts.

They were regionally popular in the mid Atlantic region with VA state police and Richmond VA police being among the bigger users.

I love mine in 9mm. My primary complaints are it could use a slight under cuts and the other grip sizes are hard to find.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-09-18 at 01:21.

Feedback Score
    Agreed that the SP2022 is one of the better if not best DA/SA guns out there. I love the USP but the trigger leaves a lot to be desired.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Too bad you need a ladder to climb up to the bore axis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I started SIG with a WG P226. Liked it, but didn't want the DA/SA at the time as much as I thought. Sold it. Later, work up to DA/SA. Got an SP 2022 - like it better overall. Handier and lighter.

BEST DA OTB trigger you can find. I like CZ P Series and am invested in it. BUT, it cannot match the smoothness of the SP OTB. Also, there is not much aftermarket for them because you don't really need it. The grip texture is perfect, and the sights are SIG. Barrel lockup is bank vault tight. Recoil management is good. Reliable, rock solid construction, and OBTW - the slide rides on VERY robust steel rails.

The only thing SIG out to do is offer a backstrap for very large hands. Also, MecGar needs to reshape the bottom of the 17 round mag to fill the gap in front.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Too bad you need a ladder to climb up to the bore axis.
    Bore axis is overrated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast