Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: France orders more SIG SP2022's

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I started SIG with a WG P226. Liked it, but didn't want the DA/SA at the time as much as I thought. Sold it. Later, work up to DA/SA. Got an SP 2022 - like it better overall. Handier and lighter.

BEST DA OTB trigger you can find. I like CZ P Series and am invested in it. BUT, it cannot match the smoothness of the SP OTB. Also, there is not much aftermarket for them because you don't really need it. The grip texture is perfect, and the sights are SIG. Barrel lockup is bank vault tight. Recoil management is good. Reliable, rock solid construction, and OBTW - the slide rides on VERY robust steel rails.

The only thing SIG out to do is offer a backstrap for very large hands. Also, MecGar needs to reshape the bottom of the 17 round mag to fill the gap in front.
    I have one of the older fat grips with the rubberized texture. They're hard to find at times but work well for my large hands.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Roger - they need to make grips MUCH more available.

The French mess up a bunch of stuff, but when it comes to nukes and police handguns, not too shabby.
    Last edited by m4brian; 12-10-18 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    Bore axis is overrated.
    and they all said, “amen”.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The SEALs and SAS didn’t seem to have a problem with the SIG bore axis.

Feedback Score
    Probably includes holster, mags, cleaning kit, and a warranty program. Pretty good rate considering a SIG Pro used to be a $1000 pistol. I'm a huge SIG Pro fan, had one of the originals. Handled some of the new Pros. Used the Navy variants in my service days. A Pro is the only SIG that fit my XXL hand, now they have better ergonomics and weigh less: but maintaining a bit of heft is a good thing when it comes to rapid followup shots. Extremely reliable and accurate pistol. I have not used the P320's yet, but I would guess I would prefer the Pro overall despite the weight loss. I'm waiting for SIG to get the P320's bore axis lower before I bite.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where were SigPros sold for a grand? My former agency was an early adopter of the 2340, then later the 2022 in .40. We kept them for about 12 years before going M&P. They were great guns and I agree the DA trigger is one of the best out of the box going. Accuracy was very good in .40 and superb in 9mm, but 1k a piece? Never saw that. A thousand bucks would get you two with change left over.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    Bore axis is overrated.
    But not as overrated as "sight radius".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    Ill bite...how much? Never mind I opened the link...wow!! Although Im digging the USP 22lr. Conversion slide!!!
    Funny because a P320 is a budget pistol compared to the Pro. But demand I guess.. I'm very proud of what SIG has done, their headquarters is a quick drive from my location, and I know a few folks who work there, and kids of associates. More American manufacturing jobs is always a good thing!

Feedback Score
    The Sig Pro line is good because it wasn't designed by the US SIG staff.

The first gen one I tried back then had a really large grip compared to our issue M11s.

Feedback Score
    From my limited first hand experience, the SigPro pistols (SP2022 specifically) seem to not be afflicted by the horrible QC Sig has been known for the past several years. Solid guns for the price and you get all the sight options also available to the P series pistols.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast