Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Compare HK LEM trigger to Glock with minus connector and NY1 spring?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Compare HK LEM trigger to Glock with minus connector and NY1 spring?

I'm looking for comparisons from anyone who has used both of these setups. To be clear:
    1) An HK P30 or other recent HK pistol with the LEM trigger system. P30 v2 would be ideal.
    2) A gen2-3 Glock with standard trigger bar, a 3.5lb or Glock "-" connector, and the Glock NY1 spring.

I haven't used the LEM but understand the concept. I've used a Glock with the 3.5lb connector and standard spring extensively and like it. Based on pull weights and descriptions, it sounds like the LEM v2 should be similar in weight and feel to a 3.5lb or Glock "-" connector, and the Glock NY1 spring. Anyone?

And for added kicks, if anyone has used one of those and also a Kahr (factory stock), I'd be interested in that comparison too. I have dry fired a Kahr but not live fired one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I'm looking for comparisons from anyone who has used both of these setups. To be clear:
    1) An HK P30 or other recent HK pistol with the LEM trigger system. P30 v2 would be ideal.
    2) A gen2-3 Glock with standard trigger bar, a 3.5lb or Glock "-" connector, and the Glock NY1 spring.

I haven't used the LEM but understand the concept. I've used a Glock with the 3.5lb connector and standard spring extensively and like it. Based on pull weights and descriptions, it sounds like the LEM v2 should be similar in weight and feel to a 3.5lb or Glock "-" connector, and the Glock NY1 spring. Anyone?

And for added kicks, if anyone has used one of those and also a Kahr (factory stock), I'd be interested in that comparison too. I have dry fired a Kahr but not live fired one.
    I'll tell you one thing, make sure you try the LEM before you buy it. I absolutely HATE the LEM trigger.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    you cant compare HK LEM to a Glock with - connector. Ive shot a Gen 4 glock with a - connector quite a bit.

two COMPLETELY different triggers.

Both are nice triggers IMO. I like LEM over DA/SA on HK's(I have 4, 3 have LEM, the other is an Expert with a great DA/SA match trigger), but trying to compare any hammer gun trigger to any striker gun trigger is apples to oranges.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Light LEM is the only acceptable version IMO.

Its more like a long 2-stage trigger. Long effortless take up first @2lbs but is effortlessly, then the wall & break around 2.5lbs. Reset back to the break only.

Its not hard to shoot, but its unlike a glock trigger or any other striker gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    I'll tell you one thing, make sure you try the LEM before you buy it. I absolutely HATE the LEM trigger.
    +1, I too could not get used to it but the Glock trigger without the NY1 spring works well for me.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    I have used a Gen3 Glock 19 with (-) connector and NY-1 spring. I really liked this combination for the safety factor of the heavier trigger but after the advent of the Tau SCD or Gadget I went back to the standard trigger spring.

I am now transitioning to a P2000sk V2 (heavy LEM). The trigger is completely different from the Glock trigger. I actually like it better than the Glock trigger but I think it is a combination of mechanics with the grip and the trigger. The V2 trigger is very light and smooth and stiffens up just a bit before the shot breaks. Its a long trigger pull but very smooth and pleasant for me.

The Glock with (-) connector and NY-1 is a heavier, shorter trigger pull that rolls nicely and is generally the same weight throughout the pull.

Very different triggers but I am really liking the LEM V2. I can't imagine the lighter trigger pull of the V1. I've heard that the V1 reset is almost indiscernible. The V2 has a heavier trigger return spring that provides a more positive reset.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It’s apples to alligators, like has been said. I have the light LEM on my P30, I added the reduced reset screw to trigger and I like it a lot. But it takes a while to get accustomed to firing.

Again, go shoot someone’s before buying. At least dry fire it. It’s not a Gunbroker purchase.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Have shot both and they are not close at all. I prefer the LEM. I am using a 4.1 with TLG spring weights for LEM. The Glock (gen 3, NY1, factory - connector, 5 lb striker spring) is noticably heavier than the LEM, stacks worse than the LEM, and the break is...weird.

All that being said, my performance is about the same with both once warmed up and readjusted to the Glock grip angle.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Standard and Heavy LEM suck donkey ballz, like a crappy DAO that has a short reset option. I shot my P2000SK with it one time before converting it and my other HKs to Light LEM.

That said I shoot and carry G19s with OEM (-) connectors and G17 smooth triggers.

People get too worked up about triggers. Sight alignment and trigger pull = bang on target.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 11-15-18 at 21:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Light LEM is the only acceptable version IMO.

Its more like a long 2-stage trigger. Long effortless take up first @2lbs but is effortlessly, then the wall & break around 2.5lbs. Reset back to the break only.

Its not hard to shoot, but its unlike a glock trigger or any other striker gun.
    Completely agree.....but the Lite LEM is very close to a stock VP9 trigger....I have both

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast