Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2019..Anyone going?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Having said that, what would you recommend for me having no experience?
    (1) Wear comfortable shoes for walking
    (2) Wear deodorant and brush your teeth
    (3) Bring a backpack but only take freebees that you REALLY like / Want. You'll learn to hate the idiots pulling the carts full of manuals / books / worthless crap etc.
    (4) Map out places / companies / people you want to see, then make a plan to get to all of those places over time otherwise you will likely miss some of them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    One year...I will go. Not this year though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Pass. Unless you are truly industry or press, it's just a bunch of sweaty dudes reeking of booze fondling guns, looking for freebees, and pretending to be someone. And don't forget the Asians taking photos of guns for their airsoft knock offs.

You nailed it out of the park with that reply!!! There needs to be much better standards in place for SHOT to curb the clowns, and bring it back to the way it used to be.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Just seeing if any of you are attending Shot Show 2019?
    I'll be attending. My first one as well.

Pass. Unless you are truly industry or press, it's just a bunch of sweaty dudes reeking of booze fondling guns, looking for freebees, and pretending to be someone. And don't forget the Asians taking photos of guns for their airsoft knock offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You nailed it out of the park with that reply!!! There needs to be much better standards in place for SHOT to curb the clowns, and bring it back to the way it used to be.
    I totally get this. I'm a regular at the Wannenmacher Arms Show in Tulsa. While it's a public show, the broad slice of humanity can be 'interesting'.

One of my best friends from high school is industry and has invited me. I'll be the wide eyed country bumpkin in the big city, but do know how to behave myself. I'm also home trained and know how to wear deodorant and brush my teeth

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy j View Post
    I'll be the wide eyed country bumpkin in the big city, but do know how to behave myself. I'm also home trained and know how to wear deodorant and brush my teeth
    Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing, fun, overwhelming experience the first time, especially the first day you are there.

So much stuff, so many people, NRA / TV personalities, etc, etc.

But then reality sinks in and it's just a huge gun show where nothing is for sale and you are getting little to nothing out of the event, unless you are industry / press / seriously 'in the business' of buying - selling guns - ie long term orders, BD work, relationships, etc.

People watching is half the fun after the shine wears off. Enjoy it!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing, fun, overwhelming experience the first time, especially the first day you are there.

So much stuff, so many people, NRA / TV personalities, etc, etc.

But then reality sinks in and it's just a huge gun show where nothing is for sale and you are getting little to nothing out of the event, unless you are industry / press / seriously 'in the business' of buying - selling guns - ie long term orders, BD work, relationships, etc.

People watching is half the fun after the shine wears off. Enjoy it!
    I understand all that. I'm going for the experience and to say I've been. It's also a good excuse to get away from school for a couple days, and get together with an old friend in a town I've never been to. The wife isn't exactly happy about me going without her and the kids, but I bought off on her getting primo tickets to Pink for her and her brother. I think I got a fair deal

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Its fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll be there!
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    I would greatly appreciate it, if anyone going can pick up an extra Geissele coupon for me. I understand that the codes on it are valid for only one transaction. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by F22raptor; 01-18-19 at 20:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    They could if they wanted, but the optics of only 25,000 going to SHOT is not what they want. It is not even "SHOT" Show anymore it is "SHOMLET" Shooting, Hunting, Outdoors, Military, Law Enforcement Trade" Show. You cannot grow the show to other markets and then shrink it at same time.

What it needs IMO is a bigger venue and not having stuff on 5 different floors and dozens of rooms.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast