Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dang it, had a question of dire importance but

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Definitely check out the Norlan. Awesome glass. You can hold it and your body heat wont warm up the bourbon due to double wall construction. They do feel fragile though.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I agree with Whiskey_Bravo. I drink liquor neat, or possibly with a little water to open it up if it is cask strength.

The Glencairn glasses do everything you need. It's also what most distillers use when tasting.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Grimfrost makes some killer drinking horns in all sizes if you want to kick it old school . . .

https://grimfrost.com/collections/drinking-horns
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My sister has a glass blowing studio in San Antonio & has made me some really spiffy hooch holders...the rounded bottom 'drunken' glasses on the end are really cool. I like tequila neat out of the freezer but prefer my bourbon with a cube or two. You can spin the drunkard glass & guests usually think it's gong to spill.

Attachment 54899
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    I found the 6oz “juice” size of my 8oz low ball and 12oz highball glasses. (I think they are also available in a 10.5 oz low ball and 16oz highball version)

The lines work out to 1.5oz, 3oz, and 4.5 oz at the top of the vertical lines. I like the idea of some other glass shapes, but really want a non stem type glass. Having one, two or three shots in a low ball glass I don’t like either. Sipping from a little shot glass I don’t like. I am going to give these a try tonight.

I have a pretty meager little library going, but another shelf to fill.

u
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    The sizing has worked perfectly!

I tried it with one shot. Sweet. I tried it with two shots. Yep, still perfect for sipping. Three shots. Not a problem. I i were I lined to used ice I could still do it.
    Then I double checked with one, two, and three shots. It was not a fluke.
    This size glass is working perfectly for me.

Plus my bride of the last 28 years looks just like she did on our wedding night again.

These glasses rock.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Glass-wise, I have a set of Glencairnes for the rare times me n’ the boys might be doing some serious sipping neat, but otherwise my preference is a plain old 4 oz tumbler that will fit the single big, clear, round ice cube that I’ve struggled so hard to perfect over the years. For me, it's all about the ice sphere, not the glassware.

The only bourbons I have around are Basil Hayden, and more recently Belle Meade Cognac-finished from Greenbriar distillery that I discovered recently on a trip to Nashville. Works great in a Manhattan, which is the only mixed drink I really like.

Otherwise, I’m a scotch drinker. MacAllan 18 is my preference, but a good cost-effective alternative is Glennmorangie 18. In a pinch, I’d go the Balvenie 12 or The Dalmore. It all depends on whether I'm drinking at home or on the road, and who's buying.

Last edited by Hmac; 12-13-18 at 07:04.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12