Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DNC House already pushing new gun control:

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

DNC House already pushing new gun control:

Basically, it's universal background checks. In committee at the moment, but likely will get traction soon.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...s/house-bill/8

And has 231 cosponsors to include a few so called Republicans. But of course, let's not hear from actual victims of shootings that disagree with us!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...olence-hearing

House Republican Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., said Wednesday that Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee refused to let him testify at a hearing on gun violence about his experience as a victim of the congressional baseball practice shooting two years ago. The move infuriated his fellow Republicans.

Scalise told Fox News that he found out over the weekend that Democrats had chosen not to allow his testimony at the hearing --“Preventing Gun Violence: A Call to Action” -- something he said is a courtesy traditionally extended to any lawmaker who wishes to speak.

“I thought it outrageous that they want to try to silence this message, because in the end I’m still going to get my message out. They can’t silence this issue,” he said.

Scalise was shot and injured in June 2017. But despite his experience and perspective, he said that committee Democrats said he would not able to testify -- although he could submit written testimony for the record, which he did.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “He wasn’t denied because he disagrees,” Nadler later said. “Majority members, we decided we needed to have a hard and fast rule today or we’d be here all day with members.”

You mean like an actual job where you're there all day?!?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Not sure if that's the bill or not but one of these bills some woman is introducing has a 50% tax on ammo. To make it clear she said if a 50 box of ammo was now $10 it would be $15 and similar taxes on cigarettes has proven effective.

So I guess she overlooked eCigs and I suppose she wants more untrained people with guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Not sure if that's the bill or not but one of these bills some woman is introducing has a 50% tax on ammo. To make it clear she said if a 50 box of ammo was now $10 it would be $15 and similar taxes on cigarettes has proven effective.

So I guess she overlooked eCigs and I suppose she wants more untrained people with guns.
    That's in Connecticut.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    That's in Connecticut.
    ..and it was a 50% increase on the existing tax from what I read. Either way, she is a dumbass.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would have been nice if Republican control had knocked out all the foundations they are building off of.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    These clowns are well along the path of legislating their way into irrelevance.

Governments collapse when an aggregate of Citizens choose to ignore them.

Irish Democracy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    These clowns are well along the path of legislating their way into irrelevance.

Governments collapse when an aggregate of Citizens choose to ignore them.

Irish Democracy.
    That would be cool, but unfortunately we have far too many willing to enforce those whims to be able to successfully ignore it all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do not regret getting all I wanted regardless of cost.

Shame I don’t have the same enthusiasm I once did.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Basically, it's universal background checks. In committee at the moment, but likely will get traction soon.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...s/house-bill/8

And has 231 cosponsors to include a few so called Republicans. But of course, let's not hear from actual victims of shootings that disagree with us!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...olence-hearing
    I just emailed my Congressman.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast