Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Range Shenanigans . . . YIKES!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    I saw some weirdo shooting an AK pistol at 7yds, looked like he was dancing, bouncing side to side...rounds hitting the ground, maybe the target, and who knows what else. This was at a free, no-RSO, outdoor range. I left thinking he might shoot me by accident.

Scottyryan called it years ago about the sort that pistol versions of military rifles attract, obviously not all rifled caliber pistol owners are this way but damn . . .

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    That actually works in some guns, and escapes notice until 7-10 yards.

Common error, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I know a person or 2 that did it in Glocks or Sigs? Found a few at the range....brass looks like a plumbing pipe reducer joint.
    You mean the round actually fires? No ka-blooey?! I nearly shat after hearing that..the guy only said "ah geez".
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    You mean the round actually fires? No ka-blooey?! I nearly shat after hearing that..the guy only said "ah geez".
    I think it Usually splits the case. The guy I know personally that experienced it with his son said it mostly fire formed the 9mm to the .40 chamber and the one I recall finding looked like that.

I would say there is a good chance that at least some mangled looking cases at ranges didn't get that way from a mower or being stepped on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll try & find the .40S&W brass I have that was fired from a .45ACP Glock & post a pic. No splitting at all, just flared out. It wasn't mine, and I wasn't there, another instructor gave it to me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    I'll try & find the .40S&W brass I have that was fired from a .45ACP Glock & post a pic. No splitting at all, just flared out. It wasn't mine, and I wasn't there, another instructor gave it to me.
    Yep, that's what I would say, too.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Yep, that's what I would say, too.
    Well, I'm sticking with my story.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Scottyryan called it years ago about the sort that pistol versions of military rifles attract, obviously not all rifled caliber pistol owners are this way but damn . . .
    This is the type of thing that well-intentioned gun restrictions are aimed at, people that shoot irresponsibly. I’m not saying they are right, I’m saying they usually have a reason and assuming they are evil is wrong.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    This is the type of thing that well-intentioned gun restrictions are aimed at, people that shoot irresponsibly. I’m not saying they are right, I’m saying they usually have a reason and assuming they are evil is wrong.
    Yup, I wasn't trying to imply anything should be banned with that.

Any type of firearm can and WILL be shot irresponsibly, with that said rifle caliber pistols seem to be the star attraction for the low hanging fruit. I see their benefit as a work around the NFA/SBR redtape, especially for guys who cross state lines and or live in a state that has bans on SBRs.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I don't think there are any will intentioned restrictions, just people wanting to engage in wrong doing without suffering consequences for their wrong doing.

Seen just as much, if not more, ignorant crap out of traditional sporting gun owners than anything modem military and considering a long time good way to get accidentally shot is via being out during deer or turkey season I don't think my experience has been much of an anomaly.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-09-18 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I don't think there are any will intentioned restrictions, just people wanting to engage in wrong doing without suffering consequences for their wrong doing.

Seen just as much, if not more, ignorant crap out of traditional sporting gun owners than anything modem military and considering a long time good way to get accidentally shot is via being out during deer or turkey season I don't think my experience has been much of an anomaly.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...mp-Gun-Control

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast