Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December 7, Remember Pearl Harbor...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    We should never forget the core lesson of Pearl Harbor:

You can still catch an A-Bomb if you get too uppity
    Don't poke the bear.

In some book on warfare or strategy, the forward for a chapter has the example of a sign in a zoo, French I believe. It says something to the effect. "This animal is very dangerous. When provoked it is capable of incredible violence." I thought it was Von Clausewitz, but it's not.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One of my favorite books is Fly Boys which tells the rest of the story of how owning the air played such a major roll after PH...I never realized there was so much resistance to Mitchell in getting the brass to understand this. What I found most amazing was how we went from design to launch at light speed. I worked in mfg / Mexico for 15 years making wire harnesses & electronic assemblies for consumer, professional, medical, automotive, etc. A new DeWALT cordless circular saw could take a couple years to get from idea to production using auto-cad, emails & all our fancy crap. P51 did it like 3-4 months without even a fax machine!!
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12