G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December 7, Remember Pearl Harbor...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    We should never forget the core lesson of Pearl Harbor:

You can still catch an A-Bomb if you get too uppity
    Don't poke the bear.

In some book on warfare or strategy, the forward for a chapter has the example of a sign in a zoo, French I believe. It says something to the effect. "This animal is very dangerous. When provoked it is capable of incredible violence." I thought it was Von Clausewitz, but it's not.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One of my favorite books is Fly Boys which tells the rest of the story of how owning the air played such a major roll after PH...I never realized there was so much resistance to Mitchell in getting the brass to understand this. What I found most amazing was how we went from design to launch at light speed. I worked in mfg / Mexico for 15 years making wire harnesses & electronic assemblies for consumer, professional, medical, automotive, etc. A new DeWALT cordless circular saw could take a couple years to get from idea to production using auto-cad, emails & all our fancy crap. P51 did it like 3-4 months without even a fax machine!!
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12