Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Langdon Berettas!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    nice M9A3G.

do you know if they make a version with traditional barrels (non threaded)?
    I have not heard of one.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Mine is the trigger job and F/O front LTT. I wanted the upgrade of LTT bevel and NP3 parts and can send mine back for $750 plus shipping... but I am not a fan of Cerakote's durability through years of reading it not durable finish compared to others.

I put a LTT 12 lbs mainspring (original is 13) and my DA press is a very smooth low end of the spectrum 8 lbs (DA).

If I had to place any negative on my LTT, the slide factory finish from Beretta seems uneven (or thicker is some areas of the letter/serrations) but I am not whining about it as this gun will be a shooter. I have not put any real shooting time behind the LTT just yet.....I have one more match in Jan (1911 and Revolver) and focusing my practice time with those platforms. Post match....I should have my custom range holster from Warbird and let the fun begin.

I may carry on duty depending on a level 3 (dept regs) duty holster availability.

I am impressed with the fit and smooth mechanics of my LTT to the point if a used one popped up and the price was right.... I might buy it. One did on another forum and was tempted to buy it before I purchased mine.... and my hesitation of a few hours, rechecking the post... GONE!
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 12-09-18 at 08:33.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    7EE238DE-42A2-4D0B-AD9E-796730041F12.jpgI got the LTT Elite with trigger job and fiber optic site. No desire for all the NP3 coated control levers. The finish seems typical Beretta.

The trigger is amazing! Smoothest DA I own and the SA is crisp.

Finish is nicer on my Brig Tac but trigger and slide/frame fit is much better on my LTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    So that begs a few questions...

I have some pistols that just don’t get much use anymore.... so should I send the HK45, the SIG P226 X5 in .40 S&W, or HK VP9 down the road? I’m inclined to keep them but I’m not in love with any of them either.

Next up what LTT package is the sweet spot on the 92 Elite? I know for sure I’d order the trigger work, not sure about the carry bevel, NP3, or Spartan sights. I understand the carry bevel gets all of the above plus a Cerakote slide. Kind of tempting but I have no experience with Cerakote, I do have limited experience with Bruniton as applied to M9’s though; which universally looked like a bag of smashed assholes after decades in service.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 12-09-18 at 21:41.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have a Vertec that Ernest did his Level 2 trigger job magic on. It has the best DA trigger I have ever felt. The SA trigger is also really, really nice. I'm hunting down a threaded Elite barrel so I can turn it into a suppressor host.

I was in Tom Given's Advanced Instructor class about two months ago. The two top shooters ran Langsdon Beretta's. Police often refer to those sort of things as "clues".

Coal Dragger, it's just my really humble opinion. But if I was staring at those three pistols, I'd sell off the Sig Legion in .40, and hunt down a good Beretta 92 or Vertec and send it to Ernest. His turn-around and prices are reasonable. You could find a used one for around $400, and a lot of the parts you would replace would be part of the tune up package. You would lily be able to do it for little or no additional money, if you got a decent sale on the Sig.

Again, just my humble opinion. I carried a Beretta after we transitioned from the 1911A1. The work Ernest does makes them much more shootable than one you might have had in the military. His LTT grips are really nice as well.

Good luck to whatever you decide.

Feedback Score
    Keep you eyes on the Beretta web store.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/92-...rrel/jb92thss/

I picked one of these up 30% off over Thanksgiving weekend. Still waiting for my LLT from the free trigger job promo. Waiting for parts back from NP3, in sweaty So FL NP3 is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a Vertec that Ernest did his Level 2 trigger job magic on. It has the best DA trigger I have ever felt. The SA trigger is also really, really nice. I'm hunting down a threaded Elite barrel so I can turn it into a suppressor host.

I was in Tom Given's Advanced Instructor class about two months ago. The two top shooters ran Langsdon Beretta's. Police often refer to those sort of things as "clues".

Coal Dragger, it's just my really humble opinion. But if I was staring at those three pistols, I'd sell off the Sig Legion in .40, and hunt down a good Beretta 92 or Vertec and send it to Ernest. His turn-around and prices are reasonable. You could find a used one for around $400, and a lot of the parts you would replace would be part of the tune up package. You would lily be able to do it for little or no additional money, if you got a decent sale on the Sig.

Again, just my humble opinion. I carried a Beretta after we transitioned from the 1911A1. The work Ernest does makes them much more shootable than one you might have had in the military. His LTT grips are really nice as well.

Good luck to whatever you decide.
    Thanks.

Just to note the SIG P226 X5 is not a Legion model. It’s a 5” match barrel all stainless German made gun that is hand fitted. SIG no longer imports them, and values seem to be climbing.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Argh, that is a hard choice, as you say.

I guess the VP9 would be the easiest to replace, maybe?

Feedback Score
    Probably. The HK45 could also go.

Just running out of room in my small gun safe LOL.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think the solution is a bigger safe! LOL
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast