Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upper/Lower Fitment Issue

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Curious to the make of lower?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    AKDoug may have hit the nail on the head. I have an Aero upper and lower that are likely just a hair out with one another. They mate up with other combinations of uppers and lowers however. The thin layer of cerakote may be contributing to the issue. I used a Dremel to remove .005 or so off of the rear pin so I wouldn't need to hammer it in.
    Last edited by Torch-36; 12-09-18 at 15:45.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If you have tried it with 2 different lowers (although you left out some details) and you think there is an issue, then contact LMT as per the site rules.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    To the OP, are you attempting the front pin hinged or flat? I bought an MRP upper last year from Fin which shipped directly from LMT complete. This upper is extremely (uncomfortably) tight on my newest and unused non-MARS lower, and fits very close fit on lowers with more time. LMT is machining pads into the upper which I believe by design are supposed to tension the pair a bit so the top and lower half are tight. Shooting teams would do something similar by taking a piece of shell casing and shimming between the two. The pads are about .75" back from the front pin, and are ~.005 thick. Pic attached:
    IMG_20181227_225105883.jpg

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Lowers are both Spikes (I know, I know...). Neither have had issues with other uppers (Vltor and BCM). Front pin is still tight, but it does go through with some persuasion and rifle functions normally. Tight is indeed good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    Neither have had issues with other uppers (Vltor and BCM). Front pin is still tight, but it does go through with some persuasion and rifle functions normally. Tight is indeed good.
    I've experienced tight fits with an occasional BCM UR here and there, but nothing like the MRP and that newest LMT lower. I do believe they would wear in and be fine, but the pads may explain the difference between your standard uppers (Vltor and BCM) and this MRP upper. It was just a data point I've not seen anyone else mention.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like a good problem to have! In all seriousness, I've heard these are tight from many people. And function well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What kind of lower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've seen that happen when the buffer tube has been installed one too many turns. The lower is causing the upper to sit forward just a hair because the upper is hitting the end of the buffer tube. Try backing the tube out one turn, just make sure that it still captures the buffer retainer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12