Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buffer weight.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Sometimes people tend put to much emphasis on gas port size. It’s important, yes. But there is no fix all magic number either, there’s a range that is known to work. The gas port is only one of three components in the recoil cycle. It’s not always feasible to be able to pin your gas port, know what to do with that measurement and then do something about it. Be it drilling to a new size, welding and drilling to a smaller size or barrel replacement. Where as a buffer and spring, are simply drop in parts. And “most” of the time, can be dialed in well. We’ve found that 4oz buffer was the optimal weight for the LARB recoil buffer. We exclusively use Sprinco springs and prefer a slightly stiffer than “mil spec” spring. I personally prefer a slightly stiffer spring for going back into battery and stripping rounds from the mag. Basically the stiffest spring that will give you a good ejection pattern. And I prefer to stay around 4oz...
    Actually there is an ideal for the size of gas port given your barrel, ammo and suppressed or unsuppressed combo. Getting the gas port right is much better than putting a bandaid fix on it afterwards aka throwing a heavier buffer into the system.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Actually there is an ideal for the size of gas port given your barrel, ammo and suppressed or unsuppressed combo. Getting the gas port right is much better than putting a bandaid fix on it afterwards aka throwing a heavier buffer into the system.
    ^ this is absolutely correct.

It shouldn't be a surprise that gas port size is a critical parameter in gas operated weapons.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @99HMC4

Can the LARB 2 be ordered with all tungsten? I'd like to try one in my DPMS G2 Recon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would start with an H3. If it fails to lock back with your weakest ammo, then drop down to an H2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123