Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA Premium BCG price too good to be true? ($59.99)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

PSA Premium BCG price too good to be true? ($59.99)

I'm doing a budget pistol build and was on the hunt for a good BCG. I have several BCM's and a Novekse but just saw this one pop up on PSA for $60? Looks like it's made from the right stuff and has tons of good reviews. I'm pairing it up with a Aero Precision 10.5 upper.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/palm...roup-8779.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    I'm doing a budget pistol build and was on the hunt for a good BCG. I have several BCM's and a Novekse but just saw this one pop up on PSA for $60? Looks like it's made from the right stuff and has tons of good reviews. I'm pairing it up with a Aero Precision 10.5 upper.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/palm...roup-8779.html
    They are gtg.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    and - if you use activejunky you can get cash back 6%
    full disclosure- if you use this link to sign up you get $10 cash back on TOP of your 6% back and I get a referral too:
    https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1130244

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    All the specs check out, and there are certainly lots of reviews to back it up, even though many of those probably hadn’t even used the thing at time of posting. Buying a PSA product is always a slight gamble, but if it’s not your primary or backup gun, I think it’s probably worth it. I’ve been considering that deal for a while, I just know that I’m a brand snob and wouldn’t want to use it in anything other than a budget snob which I only have one of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just bought one of those for a rifle build.

Carpenter 158 bolt, MPI, as said above, it specs out. Got an O-ring on the extractor spring too. Gas rings are tight, carrier key screws properly staked, all looks good.

Seems like decent quality, everything checks out. Will know when the barrel and rail arrive for final assembly.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 12-09-18 at 11:52.

Feedback Score
    99% sure these are toolcraft which is good stuff. PSA won't confirm but Toolcraft posted on Facebook about a PSA BCG sale before. Only makes sense it's theirs.

Even if not they seem to be good quality. PSA has a ton of complete uppers and bcg's out in the wild and I have not heard much bad

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    They look good on paper but myself and another shooter local to me have both ran them hard and gas rings wore out under 1k rounds. As in, two of the three rings completely disintegrated around the 750 mark. I never got a chance to closely inspect it after discovery, ex-wife has it for now. Buy with caution, and be sure to keep either a set of known quality gas rings, extractor, etc on standby, or at least a MacFarland ring if the PSA fails. When mine gave out it ruined a range day, no big deal, but all of my serious-use guns have Sionics and Colt bolts.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    They look good on paper but myself and another shooter local to me have both ran them hard and gas rings wore out under 1k rounds. As in, two of the three rings completely disintegrated around the 750 mark. I never got a chance to closely inspect it after discovery, ex-wife has it for now. Buy with caution, and be sure to keep either a set of known quality gas rings, extractor, etc on standby, or at least a MacFarland ring if the PSA fails. When mine gave out it ruined a range day, no big deal, but all of my serious-use guns have Sionics and Colt bolts.
    If that’s the worst part of it, that’s pretty good. My first Noveske several years ago had the same thing but I think it was a little over 1k which still seemed way too early. They’re so small and cheap that there’s no reason not to have spares on hand (I didn’t initially, so it was a good lesson I guess).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PSA BCG's are very good quality and great price.

Side note, they have FN CHF barreled 10.5" uppers now for $370. https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...r15-upper.html
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ineed, if premature gas ring wear is an issue, that's an incredibly cheap and easy fix. I have an extra set, and a spare bolt on hand. Just replaced the rings on the aging bolt on my primary, surplus ammo and arms, local to me, always has them in stock.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast