Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA Premium BCG price too good to be true? ($59.99)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Toolcraft is not a known quality brand?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanCarbine View Post
    Toolcraft is not a known quality brand?
    Could be, but then why are there so many posts chiming in with doubts? Never heard anyone express doubts about a BCM part except maybe cosmetics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Good:

Extractor looks fine and made properly, although I wish they would have listed a material spec for it

My take on it - make sure to inspect thoroughly and be sure you're happy with it. Buy it for the spare and inspect it. If anything, it's a good deal for the bolt itself. If you have a couple - I wouldn't go crazy and buying dozens of them. If you already have a few PSA spares I would look into Centurion, BCM, Colt, and other premium brands.
    I agree with your last. As far as the first sentence I quoted, most folks list the extractor as tool steel. From what Ive found, the mil-spec for extractors is 4140 with 4340 as an authorized substitute. 4340 appears to be better:

This low alloy steel contains high amounts of chromium and is often referred to as chromoly. 4130 steel has good machinability, ductility, weldability and strength characteristics. It is used for many different industries including the automotive, aerospace and machining industries.

This nickel-chromium-molybdenum alloy steel is a very high strength steel. It is sought after for its toughness and for being used as a steel that will be highly stressed.

It is used in a variety of industries for different applications including the automotive, aerospace, and tooling industries.

The Relative Machinability Rating percentage based on SAE1212 as 100% is the following for cold drawn 4130 and cold drawn 4340 steel

4130 - 70%
    4340 - 50%

Machinability Ratings:Note that a material with a machinability rating less than 100% would be more difficult to machine than B-1112 and material with a value more than 100% would be easier.

I'm ass-u-me-ing it is more than likely that unless otherwise specified the tool steel is 4140, since 4340 is higher quality.

BCM and PSA both list the extractor material as 'tool stee.l' So does Sionics.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...up-auto-mp.htm

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...d-cam-pin.html
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I'm no expert, but just reading the posts in this thread there is enough doubt that I'd go with a known quality brand.
    Why would somebody buy a PSA over a BCM?

1) Read the materials list - same materials

2) Today PSA Premium going out at $59.99; today BCM going out the door at $169.99. Hmmm, lets do that math.....as they say, take the savings and buy more ammo.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I believe PSA owns toolcraft
    Last edited by OZARK TOAD; 12-12-18 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Tool craft is a premier bolt manufacturing company and they supply the Armed Forces of the United States. In the past members have posted pics of bagged tooltech bolts in possession of our troops.
    https://www.toolcraftinc.com
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    Tool craft is a premier bolt manufacturing company and they supply the Armed Forces of the United States. In the past members have posted pics of bagged tooltech bolts in possession of our troops.
    https://www.toolcraftinc.com
    My understanding is TC manufactures only the carrier and out-sources (assorted vendors) the remainder to their specs or to their customers' specs.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OZARK TOAD View Post
    I believe PSA owns toolcraft
    Based on?

Feedback Score
    To those that had issues, are you sure you purchased PSA’s premium BCG? They sell two different quality BCG’s, their premium and the cheaper freedom BCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Toolcraft is a manufacturer. They do make great BCG’s.
    Now is the PSA BCG made by Toolcraft? Maybe but I don’t know.
    But the issue is Toolcraft makes the BCG to the ordering company’s specs. So they can manufacture top notch quality parts for the military or other companies but if another company orders the cheapest parts made by Toolcraft then it’s lesser quality.

Remember, you get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast