Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lmt carrier = noticeable difference?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would highly suggest getting a properly ported barrel over an adjustable gas block on any AR you plan on using for Duty/SD. No matter what the design is, that adj. gas block will eventually either adjust itself or stop being adjustable if it didn't already throw its innards 10 yards down range.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 12-14-18 at 03:12.

Feedback Score
    Well I guess we'll just agree to disagree slightly on that one point Mistywolf, really just around optimization vs. raw function and in what conditions.

vicious_cb, do you have some evidence of unreasonable failures in SLR, SA, and Seekins blocks? I haven't encountered anything beyond QC/getting it stuck because you don't use it (as I mentioned before) myself or online. Now I don't have any super high round counts, but I have an SLR block closing in on 10k without issue. Seems they'd last at least as long as the barrel.

I understand where and when the reputation comes from, but it seems like the latest rendition of the technology has ironed a lot of the past problems out. Seekins is even shipping their SP10M (the mil/LE version) with their detent adjustable gas block. Adjustable pistons have existed forever with little to no issues as well.

Again I'm not trying to say everyone SHOULD put them on a duty rifle, I'm just curious about failure rates for my own uses.
    Last edited by Potss; 12-14-18 at 07:07.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234