Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operation Red Sea Chinese War Film on Netflex

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Operation Red Sea Chinese War Film on Netflex

Takes place in 2015 during the Yemeni Civil war. I really enjoyed the plot, following the Jiaolong Assault Team recapturing a cargo ship from the Pirates. Then they have the mission of evacuating Chinese citizens along with their ambassador. The mission keeps growing and onward to capture a plane load of yellowcake materials, all of this with minimal support from the Yemeni & Chinese government.

My 1st look into their battleship, vehicles, weapons, tactical techniques and use of their drone.

Since I boycott the NFL, it was a pleasurable 2 hours watching the action and reading the subtitles.

Any other reviews on the movie?

EDIT: forgot to add, they even wingsuit into the yellowcake exchange.
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 12-09-18 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought it was a decent movie as well. Interesting perspective from the other side. The variety of small arms used in that movie alone was worth the watch. Chinese, US, NATO, even a CZ 805 Bren.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I watched and enjoyed it last night. It's pretty graphic and intense, but definitely doesn't drag anywhere.

Andy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Never had heard of it, thanks for the heads up.

Anything with yellowcake and 805's has gotta be good.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I thought it was pretty entertaining, but it got kind of old seeing them hit whatever they were aiming at. The scene at the end with the U.S. ships was a clear shot across the bow.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I thought it was pretty entertaining, but it got kind of old seeing them hit whatever they were aiming at. The scene at the end with the U.S. ships was a clear shot across the bow.
    Did you as me, believe those were actual film of Chinese naval vessels intercepting those 3 US Navy ships?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Watched this last night - thanks for turning me on to it. More entertaining and much better quality than I thought it would be. I was impressed at the sheer number of different weapons featured in the movie; especially some of the less well-known Chinese ones. Here's the list from imfdb: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Operation_Red_Sea

I was also surprised that the assault team wore western gear (looked like copies of crye combat uniforms in their own desert pattern) and that their plate carriers actually looked like they had plates in them, instead of being flat and soft like in some movies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Or TV shows like “Hawaii Five-O”
    Last episode was really pathetic

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I was also surprised that the assault team wore western gear (looked like copies of crye combat uniforms in their own desert pattern) and that their plate carriers actually looked like they had plates in them, instead of being flat and soft like in some movies.
    A guy I went to high school with works for a company that supplies prop guns, armor, and other tactical stuff for movies and tv shows. They can't get the pampered Hollywood actors to wear plates. They complain of them being too heavy and threaten to call their union rep.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Watching it now.

The movie is loooong. Had to pause it halfway and hope to see the second half tonight. The movie appeared to be a copycat Chicom version of Blackhawk Down/Act of Value/American Sniper, all rolled into one.

Final Update: Watched the last half last night. Was surprised to see the chicom used Huey helicopters! Where did the movie people get a hold of Hueys? were they leftover relics from the Vietnam war that they got from their communist neighbor? bought on commercial surplus market?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast