Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 93R clone?

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

Beretta 93R clone?

Been working on this for a few weeks. I don't know if there is a market for 93R frame based on the standard 92FS but I have stripped my Beretta 92FS down, 3d scanned it, created a solid model in Autodesk Inventor. Once I modeled the 92, I tweaked it and modified it to resemble a 93R. I have a complete CAD drawing that is 100000000% accurate and created the CAM files for CNC. When I say accurate, I mean that it is technically and dimensionally accurate- I could machine this and all my parts from my 92FS would fit perfectly. As far as actual 93R specs go, I think I am within the 93-95% accurate range. I don't have access to a real one and I have never seen one except for online.

Just curious if you think there would be a market for this? I am not a manufacture but a buddy of mine has a Class III manufactures license but with no equipment. Technically this is an exact 92FS frame except with a reformed trigger guard and a forward angled frame to attach a folding angled fore grip. I don't think this would fall under "class III" or "NFA" territory? Any thoughts? Also, if these were produced from stainless steel and finished with a Bruniton coating and ready to be assembled with your donor frame parts, would this frame be worth $288 to someone who likes the 93R look? I think that is what my buddy and I are shooting for price wise?

Attachment 51775
    Beretta 92 frame side

Attachment 51776
    Beretta 92 frame angle

Attachment 51777
    Beretta 93R frame rear angle

Attachment 51778
    Beretta 93R frame side angle

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'm thinking "start up" costs would exceed revenue generated.
    I see a microscopically small actual market.

Additionally, I always thought Beretta should stick with shotguns- they do those quite well.

Feedback Score
    I can think of one guy who would absolutely be a buyer...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I can think of one guy who would absolutely be a buyer...
    You're not going to invite our friend back, are you?

Feedback Score
    I think the market for a 93R clone would be relatively small.
    But $288 would be very tolerable to pay for one.

However, a 92 frame in SS would have a lot of interest.

I would post in the Beretta forum.

There are a few different 92 frames.
    Standard, non railed variants are,
    The old, standard M9 style with straight dust cover and full back strap.
    The more recent with radius back strap and slanted dust cover.
    And a desireable transitional radiused back strap with straight dust cover.

Very favorite versions of the basic frame types are the Elite II that has a beveled mag well and checkered front and backstrapes.

I don’t think you need to do any coatings.

I think if you posted in the Beretta forum you would be able to make 93R frames for that price you would have a decent amount of interest.

However,
    If you posted “Is anyone interested in paying 288$ for Elite II frames in SS with the “transitional unicorn” radiused backstrap and straight dust cover?”

You would have massive interest.

Many want a steel frame for 92s. CZ does this at a very reasonable cost. Beretta does not.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I've always wanted a Beretta with a frame mounted thumb safety that I could carry C&L. I know they made a tiny run of them but not enough to be a real option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I've always wanted a Beretta with a frame mounted thumb safety that I could carry C&L. I know they made a tiny run of them but not enough to be a real option.
    That invites the need for other parts. Those parts are in high demand for converting 92Ds into frame safety versions.

A steel beretta frame for standard M9, 92FS, 92G configuration becomes a simple swap out for the aluminum alloy frames.
    The parts avaiability is simple.

I once read a web page where a guy made his own 92 frame from steel. It was a time consuming one off process. A run of say, 1000 frames, I bet would be sold off very rapidly.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity, what about a new frame for a PSP/P7? Make is a polymer grip with a rail insert? 3D print it with one of those Nylon powder printers? P7s are cool, but more ass heavy than a Kardashian.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Out of curiosity, what about a new frame for a PSP/P7?
    What is with you guys and P7's? Is it like a cult or something like that? I swear, everyone that has one talks about it like it was created by GOD and has the power of the Holy Spirit in it. When people mention "P7" I automatically feel that I have nothing in common with them and couldn't ever have a meaningful relationship with them. I compare the P7 to a Subaru Baja, it wants to be a 4 door El Camino, but came into the market 30 years to late, it looks like the designer from Crocs and the head of fashion from Toms came together and created a car together in one afternoon. Its ugly, makes no sense, but surprisingly, it holds it value.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    What is with you guys and P7's? Is it like a cult or something like that? I swear, everyone that has one talks about it like it was created by GOD and has the power of the Holy Spirit in it. When people mention "P7" I automatically feel that I have nothing in common with them and couldn't ever have a meaningful relationship with them. I compare the P7 to a Subaru Baja, it wants to be a 4 door El Camino, but came into the market 30 years to late, it looks like the designer from Crocs and the head of fashion from Toms came together and created a car together in one afternoon. Its ugly, makes no sense, but surprisingly, it holds it value.
    The P7 is an excellent pistol and the Baja is an excellent car.

Good day, sir!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast