Thread: eotech vudu 1-6 opinions

Feedback Score

eotech vudu 1-6 opinions

I,m considering getting a Eotech Vudu 1-6 and was hoping for opinions from someone who has had one for a descent amount of time.

I'm wondering what kind of problems you've ran into?
    have you broken it yet? and if so what broke and how was the warranty experience?

I'm also curious about the tracking? Has anyone ran a tracking test on the 1-6 and if so how did it do? I'm considering the sr1 reticle and I know tracking not important for the ranges I'm shooting but I'm wondering what i should expect.

I'm using this optic for pig hunting on a sr25.

Feedback Score
    Thank you! I also noticed that your post was deleted and thought it was kind of weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by cb805 View Post
    I don’t know why my post was deleted but the only thing I’ve heard about them was the brightness settings weren’t great for hunting in the sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Will do!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Great scope except for two issues. Exposed turrets and poor illumination. Illumination can be worked around in a SFP scope, but it is a harder work around for a FFP scope.

Feedback Score
    If tracking isn't important, and it isn't in a scope that won't see dope dialing, why the interest?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    If tracking isn't important, and it isn't in a scope that won't see dope dialing, why the interest?
    It's nice to know I can count on it if something ever happens and I need it.

Feedback Score
    The best example of this is if I'm planning on hunting hogs at 50-300 yards and I happen to see one way in the distance at about 700 800 I'm wondering if the scope would still be useful?

I know I would have to run a tracking test on mine to truly know how well it works but I'm hoping for an idea on what to expect

Feedback Score
    I’ll post this for the third time. Mods think I’m spamming or not providing valuable information in my comment apparently so I’ll write a paragraph instead. As I mentioned before it’s my understanding that the reticle on the VUDU’s isn’t quite bright enough for use out in bright sunlight conditions.

Mods please don’t delete my post for the 3rd time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    None of these FFP scopes have bright illumination. It's just physics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron3334 View Post
    The best example of this is if I'm planning on hunting hogs at 50-300 yards and I happen to see one way in the distance at about 700 800 I'm wondering if the scope would still be useful?

I know I would have to run a tracking test on mine to truly know how well it works but I'm hoping for an idea on what to expect

You should be looking at a different scope then or just pass on a shot that is probably outside the scope's capability.